1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wiring Questions; Replacing OEM Drivers Seat with an Aftermarket Seat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Keath Bordeaux, Sep 26, 2024 at 2:42 PM.

1. Keath Bordeaux

Keath Bordeaux New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I'm replacing the drivers seat in my 2005 base model with a Recaro seat that I had in another car years ago and kept around... All the sliders, (from Ebay, since the ones on the seat are incorrect) a set of extensions (from extendmyseat.com), and a base plate that bolts to the floor where the OEM seat was, then the seat and sliders bolt to that (from Planted Technologies) are on their way in the mail to me.

Here's my questions; the electric height adjuster switch on the new seat has a long lead with a red wire (power) and a brown wire (ground). What's the easiest way to correctly hook those up, and to where?

The seatbelt buckle receiver (I'm assuming) unbolts from the stock OEM seat and the wiring comes with it to the new seat, then that just plugs back into the jack that comes from under the floor. This leaves two other sets of wires with two very different jacks/connectors unplugged. What do I then do with those? Thanks a lot.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I would think your exceptionally tall hence the seat in the 6 in back that'll be slammed into the seat of the rear non-passenger in this case which may or may not be a thing or whatever. So being so tall how in the world would you want to deal with the height adjuster other than having it all the way down right? You can pick up 12 volts all right there in the side seal or the rocker panel area you got tons of wires going through their pick your poison of course the ground is just a screw into the inner part of the rocker panel on the clean piece of metal so yeah I don't think you'd want anything too heavily switched other than maybe the power's off when the car is off so the ignition switch controlled if you will but it doesn't have to be as long as you're not pushing the button You're not using any juice hopefully. But there's plenty of wires down there get the wiring diagram out and pick one that you can live with but stuff has to have power in the trunk area and at the rear hatch and all that runs down the side of the car right there behind the carpet or you can run two new wires along that area and run them right back to the battery or up to the fuse box and connect to the fuse box directly if you really wanted to I wouldn't.