1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

wiring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by edwardob, Mar 2, 2010.

1. edwardob

edwardob Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i'm installing front parking sensors but i'm not sure where and
    how to bring wiring tru the engine bay,,,any suggestions ?

befoore i start drilling desparetly!

2. northwichita

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    one option to run it through the door jam openings, no drilling and easier removal at resale. following describes how I ran my temp sensor for the inverter.

The cord simply goes around the door frame , just under the windshield area. My 04 had an open cavity directly to the engine compartment(above the door hinge), perhaps I used something, a wire, to snake through the area, then pull the cord and sensor. Actually very simple, and no wind noise or moisture noticed from the cable between the door and the frame. I secured it once last year with a heavy tape. I wouldn't be comfortable drilling in the firewall area, and there is no need to with my method.

link describing more
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...ll-monitoring-temperature-mgs-inverter-2.html

1 person likes this.
  3. edwardob

edwardob Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    thanks you put me on the right road......i pull the cable tru same hole as door elelectrics....i put small hole in the rubber and pulled it tru
    if your cable is long enough you could do the same it could emerge just out rubber somewhere