1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wish 2005 Seatbelt Beep Could be Turned Off

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nmrickie, Jan 22, 2005.

1. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    First, I always wear my seatbelt while driving.

Second, I do put my seatbelt on right away when starting the car to avoid the beep.

Here's another situation. I drive up to an ATM, and made the mistake of taking my seatbelt off as I'm coasting to a stop to get to my wallet easier. Beep goes off. I don't put my seatbelt on because I'm now stopped. Beep still goes off. After a few seconds, beep is faster and more frantic. Push the park button. Beep still going crazy. Turn off car, finally stops.

I know the method using the ODO button to turn off the seatbelt beep does not work on the '05 as it does on the '04. But isn't there something I could light on fire or smash with a hammer to get this to stop?

2. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

I do not see a solution in the body electronics system PDF files that can be downloaded from this site.

It could be that the repair manuals list such a possiblity. Very tempting to call and order them.

Please post solution if you come up with one.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    there was a writer for a seattle paper who commented that the seat belt dinger could not be turned off and we wrote him telling him how and he responded saying that our method didnt work but that he had figured out a way to do so that was slightly different.

it was posted here so you might want to look for it and try his method.