1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

wish list?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eak354, Dec 8, 2004.

1. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I went on a vacation recently and had to rent a car for a week. I was able to try out the Chevy Malibu. it's classified as a midsize but we found it to be smaller inside compared to the prius (leg room for front and back).

anyway, the stereo system had some nice display/features the prius originally should have such as the automatic sound levelizer. another info displayed is the current fuel range, it was nice to see how much more you can drive on your current fuel level. (it also showed average mileage and average speed). there was also a window washer fluid level warning display.

auto door locks would engage when shifting into drive or reverse.

8) though i wish the prius had those, they dont compare to getting great mileage. on our 1st tank of gas we had travelled only around 250 miles and filled-up a little over 12 gallons! ouch. (oh well it was a V6). :mrgreen:

2. noisebeam

noisebeam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There is already a wish list thread on the first page - check it out.

A few comments-
    -I don't like auto speed/volume adjustment and especially compression. But if it can be turned off, no big deal.

-Average speed would be fun

-Remaining miles left isn't really needed after learning that full tank is 500mi. But a fun gimmick anyway - probably most beneficial for a rental car.

-I hate hate hate automatically locking locks. My wife sometimes wants to kill me because the doors auto lock after pulling out of garage and I forget to unlock them so she can get back in, or when she get out of car for a moment to unlock a gate (a near daily occurence), etc. But I guess they are nice if you have kids.

Al