1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

withdrawal

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by edselpdx, Feb 26, 2007.

1. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well, I'm officially into my 7th day of Prius withdrawal with Lucy in the shop, courtesy of a ditz who said to me on the scene... "oh, I didn't think my new car HAD a blindspot". Her insurance co has provided me with a Ford Taurus, which is like driving a landbarge. I fill my Prius tank about every 2 weeks. Just filled this puppy to the tune of 15.7 gallons after only a week.

Attached Files:

• ouch.jpg
      ouch.jpg
      File size:
      195.5 KB
      Views:
  2. gamiller

gamiller New Member

so sorry to see that , It must be painful

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    oye. Hope you get it back soon!

4. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Her insurance is covering it all (since she changed lanes into me.) I'm going to seek residual value compensation, since Toyota really lowballed me on my trade-in a couple of years ago when I got the Prius, and their reasoning was that it had been wrecked and repaired.

Any ideas on what percentage of value I should be looking for? I've never claimed residual value damage before. The entire right side and back bumper are being replaced or repaired/repainted.

Thanks.
    Sonya

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(edselpdx @ Feb 26 2007, 07:21 PM) [snapback]396954[/snapback]</div>
    Go to kbb.com and check out their criteria for condition. Plug in your options for both conditions (before and after) to see their estimate.

6. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    OUCH!!!!! That hurts.........

I agree, kelly blue book is a good place to start on the value/depreciation aspect. Hope you get the Prius back very soon, and make very, very SURE everything is fixed exactly right, once you cash their check, or sign off on the repair, they will NOT pay to re-do anything that was not fixed correctly the first time.

Good luck!! :rolleyes:

7. dandude505

dandude505 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(edselpdx @ Feb 26 2007, 06:57 PM) [snapback]396930[/snapback]</div>

Wow, I am really sorry, I hope you get as much value back as possible.
    A general question, not sure to ask:
    In this case, where the offender's insurance company has paid for you to drive a SUV until your car is fixed-- can you ask for the $$ back for the gas you are using? You can say that you would be getting 45+ mpg, and now you have to pay for the gas for a car with ~15 mpg. Is that a legitimate complaint? Will the insurance company pay?
    Thanks
    dES

8. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DES_Prius @ Feb 26 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]397040[/snapback]</div>
    Well its a sedan and not an SUV. I would not have accepted an SUV. They officially paid for an "economy" model, but the rental place didn't have any so they're not charging the difference; at least an "economy" would've had better mileage. Oregon law doesn't require an "equivalent" car, just transportation. The other person's claim person specifically said they wouldn't pay for fuel, and truthfully, I wouldn't expect it.

As far as KBB, I've looked and don't see much difference in repaired vs. unrepaired. Allstate (her insurance) has old me I need to have an appraisal done after the repair to claim residual value, and I will do that. I was told it is a percentage of actual value (uncrashed) that is paid. I am actually going through my own insurance for the repairs, so that I have some recourse ("guarantee" through one of their own recommended shops); Allstate (hers) will be repaying me my deductible. I have been told and got in writing that because her insurance has admitted liability, my insurance rate will not be affected.

Thanks for the input so far... I would love to have more. Especially if you have experience in residual value claims.

9. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just cried a little, Im sorry to see that.

10. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ow! Sonya, I'm so sorry that happened! Where did it happen (in the Portland area)? Good luck on getting it repaired to your complete satisfaction. Let me know how it goes.

11. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Feb 26 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]397084[/snapback]</div>
    NW 2nd and Davis in PDX. Low speed, one way street, she just changed lanes right into my side and I had nowhere to escape without smashing into the parked cars on my left.

12. Submarine Dude

Submarine Dude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(edselpdx @ Feb 26 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]396930[/snapback]</div>
    I feel your pain. This past Saturday a woman ran a stop sign :angry: and I T-Boned her at about 40MPH. The bad news is that the front end of my '06 (only made 5 payments on it :( ) literally disintegrated. The good news is that nothing appears to be too badly bent. The tow yard guy actually drove it onto the truck. The really bad news is that I'll have to drive a "regular" car for a while (Volvo) while Toyota puts my baby back together. I HATE driving a non-Prius.

13. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(edselpdx @ Feb 26 2007, 08:02 PM) [snapback]397053[/snapback]</div>
    It is the difference between a car in good v. excellent condition.

14. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks for the KBB advice. The diff between excellent and good is about $1K. I'm not sure excellent is how it was, there were some minor scratches (although several of those will be fixed since the woman smashed the R side) and filthy floormats. No mechanial problems and no previous body work, though.

I MAY get her back this afternoon, but I'm waiting for a callback from them.