1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wobbily Passenger Side Bottom + More Q's?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by untitledblue, Jun 30, 2009.

1. untitledblue

untitledblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay, I have a few questions....

I've just noticed that when being on the passenger side the plastic by my feet wobbles if I push it slightly...any ideas?

I know I need to read my manual but I've been very busy lately...when should I get my car checked out? I've had it since this February and have 2500 miles...

Also....my Prius has felt more "rugged" lately. I am assuming it is the tire pressure but I don't know if I should fill them up in such a hot, humid, climate which I live in (I live in Houston, TX, it's at least 97*F and humid all the time). And I don't know if it is me but my Prius makes noise when accelerating (my music is normally loud, but I want to be caucious).

Just a few hours ago my Prius jerked during a slow turn...does that mean anything?

Any other advice would be great, and sorry for the long question.

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    A wobbly bottom is usually a sign that you need to exercise and go on a diet:). The plastic panels have clips that may have come loose.
    Have the dealer will check out the car at the first oil change (5,000 miles or 6 months - whichever comes first)
    You should check the air pressure at ambient temperature (before driving more than a mile or so) and set the PSI to the desired level (I run mine at 42 front and 40 rear to get better MPG and tread wear, but a little harsher ride. Toyota suggests 35/33.).

All cars make noise as the engine RPM rises under acceleration.
    You probably went over something that caused a front tire to lose traction (bump, sand, gravel, ...) and the so-called "Traction Control" activated to protect your Prius from spinning its tires. An icon (squiggly lines) lights up momentarily on the dashboard when this occurs.
    Just ask here or at myHybridCar and you'll get all the advice you need.

JeffD