1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Women prefer Prius owners to Ferrari owners

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mediahound, Mar 13, 2014.

1. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    oh please.....depends on the type you like to attract. I like the Ferrari types

3. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Did you read the article? Has nothing to do with they type we are trying to attract, but what women are attracted to.

4. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'd agree. It reflects my experience.

But another way of looking at it; when was the last time you pulled in your car?

5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh I have to read the article too....I just went by the title :)

Edit: After reading article, I still think the same. I like the women that are attracted to men in Ferrari's more. My wife encourages me to drive a Prius, thinking no woman would ever want to be with such a Prius Guy vs. Ferrari guy

Gee3 likes this.
  6. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    lol, you just like their wallet? :D

Looking at it another way, I'd be very attracted to a foxy lady in a Ferrari. I just fear it wouldn't be reciprocated. :unsure: lol

7. matt b.

matt b. Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    ok you two, don't make me pull this car over.:) ok media, don't try and be a bully.
    woman don't like bullies

8. matt b.

matt b. Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    if a woman looks at me who's driving a 1984 Toyota Corolla all thats sexy enough for me.which means I am NOT particular !! I will consider any woman who looks my way,you feel me?
    I am a man I will f*** fruit..lol

9. pmike

pmike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Microwaved cantaloupe?

10. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This may be true, I see many men with beaters that have women passengers (can't say how attractive they are), but I see many guys driving sports cars being old and passengerless......

11. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    lol, oh dear :cautious:

12. DtEW

DtEW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Woohoo!

Well, actually... I think this is all about gross stereotypes projected by the car alone, in the absence of an actual human being to consider it with.

You think about Ferraris, and in the mind's eye (at least here in California, USA) you instantly conjure up an image of a middle-aged guy with a bad comb-over in the midst of Youth 2.0, or a rapper/Bieber-esque nouveau-riche butthat. I think it's this image more than any specific image associated with the Prius (it's so common these days) is what loses this battle for Ferrari-drivers.

You put a well-dressed and well-mannered man with a shiny Prius against a similarly well-dressed and well-mannered man with a shiny Ferrari... and I think it's pretty obvious who is going to be perceived more positively.

13. pmike

pmike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  14. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sums up Audi drivers this side of the pond too :cool:

Tony D likes this.
  15. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That would be Passion Fruit !!!

16. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wonder if Toyota funded that study? ;-) Ladies in the UK must be a lot more practical than those of us across the pond. Because when I was in that stage of my life, I definitely preferred that the guys I dated had nice cars, not practical ones. You rarely see a guy in a Ferrari here though. Only short, old and creepy guys drive those in the states. :D

17. Redpoint5

Redpoint5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The study is flawed. You can't find out what women are attracted to by asking them to engage their rational thought processes in a questionnaire. You need to observe their reactions when actually viewing men of equal appearance emerging from their respective vehicles.

Have a Ferrari pull up at the same time as a Prius and then ask the woman what she thought of the Prius man. I guarantee her response will be "There was a Prius man?".

On top of all this, women don't know what they want. They will say they like the nice, thoughtful, considerate person, but look at who they date.

Gee3 and matt b. like this.
  18. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There are loads in my town and they appear to be driven by bald, portly gentlemen in their mid 50's or flash Harry coke heads with slicked back hair. Generalising of course.

On that note all the Prius drivers I see are usually people in their 70's or 'weird beards' (people with neatly trimmed beards, thick woolen jumpers, someone who bores anyone who'll listen about their green credentials and how wonderful they are etc). I fall into neither.

Maybe UK women are more realistic? Why would they want to date some bloke in his Ferrari who'll only be after one thing? If that's what they want, there are much younger offerings about without the car.

There is another term that maybe applies to this thread; Money talks, wealth whispers!

19. Hybrid Dave

Hybrid Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've driven a lot of sports cars and modified Street trucks, but oddly enough, I've caught a number of people checking out my Prius. I left Publix one night after work and some guy was all up against my passenger window looking inside. Yesterday at Advance Auto Parts, the girl being the parts counter asked me how I like my car and I've had a lot of female coworkers ask about my car and ask to ride in it. I didn't think I would get that kind of attention from a Prius considering how practical it is and how long they have been out and in the public eye. I definitely feel the Prius commands a kind of fascination from all types of people. Hell, I know someone who owns a Ferrari 360 but drives a gold Gen II Prius on a daily basis.

20. Much More Better

Much More Better Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I could not care less about what a woman drives. In fact, I would prefer it if she drove something inconspicuous and practical and later find out that she is much more interesting.

I don't like the perception of wealth that luxury cars attract so I don't drive fancy labels.