1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wonder if someone could measure their jack compressed height for me?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Mambo Dave, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    I'm going through with it - just ordered a used OEM wheel (full sized), and now need to assemble a jack system and lugnut wrench to have a spare.

It's times like we all just went through, and are sort of still going through (pandemic, riots) that show every reason not to rely on anyone getting to us when we need help (be it police, EMS, or services to fix a flat tire) within a reasonable amount of time.

So... there are lower-car universal scissor jacks, with actually better connecting rods to crank them up, available new for less than a used Prius Jack. I'm just wondering how low a Prius jack's height gets (and I don't know if unibody scissor-jacks are measured inside the channel, or outside, for height).

Can someone measure one for us? Preferably all the was closed, at both the channel height and platform height. Really rough measurements with my tape measure just now shows about 3" gap between the pavement and the unibody seam if the tire was deflated. Now, it was dirty around the car where I am, so I didn't get down to pavement level to measure it. What I seemed to get was that the sidewall would probably sink 3 and 3/4 inches if it was just a normal flat - less if the tire bead came off. The bottom of the seam seemed to be 6 3/4" with the tires inflated as they are now, so that's about a 3" gap when one tire is flat... which is pretty low.

Thank you.

2. GabrielD

GabrielD Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    Why not check this?
    It's Toyota measurments interior and exterior for 2020 Prius Eco.

3. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Please lock this thread. I did not think that cars without spare tires came with jacks, but mine has a jack and the tools needed. No sense in anyone replying to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Everything but the damn spare. :rolleyes:

Mambo Dave and Raytheeagle like this.