1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wondering if my Prius IV will come factory-equipped w/ iPod-USB kit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Peppito, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Peppito

Peppito New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    On Friday August 7th, I placed my order for a IV with/solar roof. I called my dealership this past Monday to check up on the status. As of Monday, it's still "on order" and there's been no word if it's on the boat/at port/on truck.

I'm wondering if it will come factory-equipped with the iPod/USB interface beings I DID order it in early August. I would imagine so beings models equipped w/ nav are to arrive in late August-early Sept with the new interface. That would be sweeeeet if I show up to the dealership to pick up my little spaceship and it's already installed! :rockon:

Is anyone out there in the same situation as me?...similar situation? Did I just answer my own question? lol!

2. mindmachine

mindmachine Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I ordered June 2 same as you Prius IV SR, still on order no delivery estimate yet. Dealer told me I am 3 down from top of the list now. Yes you will probably get the Ipod-USB factory installed but the bad news is you will also get safety connect with it. Also more than likely the dealer will add on the cost of the safety connect to your order. If you consider that you don't need/want the safety connect it is going to be $450 extra cost that you do not want. At least I don't want it but I will have to take it anyway. I consider safety connect a waste of money.

3. Peppito

Peppito New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I feel the same way about Safety Connect. (probably why I didn't even mention it in my post. lol!) Too much money for a product I will never use. Unlike the iPod/USB, which will be used more than anything else....along with the Solar Roof. :)

4. mel1000

mel1000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I ordered my Prius III July 17th-got it aug 18th. Surprisenly it arrived with USB/ipod interface in it. A couple of pieces of paper with info about using the usb port were stuck into the owners manual(s). It was not listed as an added option-so you might just luck out too...:p

5. Peppito

Peppito New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ohhh I hope so! lol! My salesman had already given me an estimated price for the car when I went to order it...soooo it is very possible that it may end up not being added as an option. I've realized these dealerships didn't do their homework on the new Prius. I wouldn't be surprised if they completely disregard it. heh!