1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. carver.ashley

carver.ashley New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ok i have 2 problems
    1. This has happened 2 times in the past month. I get in my prius go to push the power button and only to see all the dashboard lights go on as well as my brake light. My brake is not on and the radio will come on. It will go into neutral and that is it. I try turning it off and on several times and after the 10th try it will start right up. What is wrong?

2. My tires are going bald, ok that's fine but I only have 30K miles on it and after reading the specs on the tires I am supposed to get at least 50K out of them. SO regardless I need to get new tired, which ones are going to be the best for me? I live in Souther California so no weird weather and I don't drive crazy distances.

Thanks!
    Ashley

2. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Ashley and welcome to PC :welcome:

Are you pressing down on the brake pedal as you push the power button? If not only the accessories will come on and the car will not until you do both simultaneously. Since it only happens to you a couple of times a month, perhaps you're in a rush and forgetting it. :)

How much tread do you have left on the tires? I have 27K miles on my OEM tires and was told in my last service visit that they have 50% tread left. Have them evaluated. A lot of PC members do not like the Goodyear OEM tires and there are a lot of threads with recommendations. Suggest you do a search for them.

Good luck,
    Gabe

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1. Assuming that you're trying to turn the car on to the READY state so that you can drive it: you have to press the brake pedal while pushing the power button. If you are pressing the brake pedal, then the brake position sensor may be broken or out of adjustment. It's under warranty.

2. If you like to accelerate fast (as I do) then 30K is about what you can expect from the original tires. Even so they're a reasonable value: good rolling resistance (meaning they allow good fuel economy) and not expensive.