1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Woo Hoo! I finally got one!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GreenLady, Aug 1, 2005.

1. GreenLady

GreenLady Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, after months of reading this forum, looking at the Toyota website, and even dreaming about the Prius, I finally got one. :D

My 15 year old Camry that I bought 5 years ago has finally died (RIP) :cry:
    I was on my way to work this morning and the engine stopped and wouldn't restart. Thankfully, my workplace has a tow truck and I was only a few miles from work, so I was able to get towed to work. Now my Camry sits in the parking lot at work, waiting its final resting place.

I really am glad I finally got my Prius, but I really wish I had more time to shop around. I still think I got a decent deal. It wasn't my first choice, but it was a bit of an emergency situation. Plus, I paid MSRP for it! I called before I went to the dealership and asked if they were asking MSRP. The sales lady meekly said they were asking 3K over MSRP. I said, "OK, we're done" and hung up. About 30 seconds later, she called me back and said they were willing to deal since is the first of the month (excess monthly inventory and all).

I won't claim I got the deal of the century, because MSRP is never a deal, but at least I didn't pay over. Plus, I refused all that extra crap they try to tack on during financing. Actually, I got a lot of the extra crap at no charge because I kept saying that I wanted the cheapo package. :roll:

As I said, I'm glad I have my new Prius, but my old car dying really put a kink in my plan I had laid out. I suppose it's just as well. You can't control everything, right? :oops:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well congrats and well be happy that they didn't try to force things down like they usually would if someone was in a hurry to get a vehicle. Hope you enjoy it!

3. clongwor

clongwor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good for you! I'm sure you'll notice a huge difference from your old car! I went from a 16 year old V8 Mustang that I bought new to the Prius and I really love it.

I noticed some of the others on the forum were complaining about the sound system, but my old car just had a radio, so my new car's CD player is great!

You'll have to keep us posted on how you like it. Sounds like you got a good deal. I think most people paid MSRP and some paid even more.

4. GreenLady

GreenLady Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Oh man, this car is light years ahead of my old one. It has a 6 disc in dash cd changer. My old car had a tape player.

I know people complain about the non-cushy ride, but it is SO much smoother than my 15 year old shocks.

I've already noticed it certainly has more pep than my Camry. Before short entrance ramps onto the freeway killed me and I can zoom along now (if I want to).

I'll definitely keep everyone posted. We will be making a road trip from TX up to NE for a wedding, so I'll be back with a report.

Don't get me wrong, I was very fond of my Camry, but it really was just a car. My Prius is an obsession.