1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Woofer and amp setup

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hobbryd, Apr 1, 2005.

1. hobbryd

hobbryd New Member

I want to put a custom system in my car, I already got the idea on what woofers to use. I want to keep the stock head units alone. Just hook up an amp or two. Is this possible on a prius. I hooked systems up in my Mustang, ran power from the battery. How can get the input from the radio and cd to the amp and also the power and remote turn off? Is this very difficult? I am new to the prius or hybrids for that matter, so I dont know where to hook the power cables too. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do a search.. er.. lemme see if i can find a link or two:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?...p?p=76524#76524

that's a good one. give you an idea of how complicated the system is. You can not simply go in and change things like other cars.

Best thing to do if you have the 9 speaker JBL system: get new tweeters that actually put out highs. This whole system is one huge midrange system. (JBL 9 speaker system) Add a sub. your sytem will be much better with this. If you have the stock system... uhh... uhh.. there is an aftermarket 6 disck changer from toyota. It simply plugs in. Add a sub. There has been reports that the Bazooka unit works well.

3. Chucka

Chucka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Tweeter suggestions that will work with the JBL Nav package please?

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

If you don't have the JBL system, then handle the head unit conventionally; use speaker outputs for an aux amp. Please note though, the MFD beeps come from the radio on non-JBL, and amp on JBL. You cannot just swap out the JBL amp, it handles volume, EQ, balance and fade.