1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

World Cup. Japan or America?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Jul 16, 2011.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I could care less who wins, but I was thinking it'd be nice if Japan could win That country needs a lift in light of its recent earthquake and nuke dilemma.

2. SPEEDEAMON

SPEEDEAMON Professional Car Nut

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Although the Japanese girls may have better team work, the American girls look big and strong. I can't imagine them losing, especially with a record of 20-0-2

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm no soccer fan, but the last coupla games have been irresistable. the pre planned plays the americans pulled off were astonising. it's gonna be a great finale. i'm rooting for the americans. but then, i didn't root for the yankees after 911.

4. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I remember the U.S. women's victory in 1999. I haven't had much interest in soccer since then. It's been interesting getting updates on the women from that team. See where the years have taken them. They made sports history. The current team has some exciting wins.
    Mia Hamm, Michelle Akers, Julie Foudy were great athletes. The women on the 2011 team have some great athletes also. Abby Wambach is a master of the header shot.
    I think the final game will be excellent. I believe both teams will leave everything on the field.
    As an American I wiil be cheering for the Americans. As a human being I will be cheering for the Japanese. This years disaster in Japan gives their team some karmic points. You go girls!

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That was well put and sums up my feelings and the way that I will be cheering.

I can remember the excitement of the 1999 final game and hope this one is as good. I know my wife and daughters are pulling hard for the USA team.

6. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hats off to Japan ! It was like fate was in their favor.

Every time it looked like the US had the advantage, they kept hanging around, fighting and coming back.

7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It was an excellent game.

I prefer a passing game, so I was supporting Japan. However, I thought the USA played some of the best soccer I've seen them play for quite a while.

It's getting harder for the USA because women's soccer keeps getting better around the world. Rising participation has raised skill levels significantly. 1999 semi-finalists Norway and China didn't even qualify for this World Cup.

8. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations to the Japanese team. They were the underdog and they refused to lose. They had more heart and desire today. They were truly fighting for their homeland.