1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

World Record for Lit Pumpkins

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Proco, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My wife & I had the good fortune to be in Boston this past weekend to be volunteers for the Life is Good Pumpkin Festival on Boston Common. The festival is done to benefit Camp Sunshine in Casco, Maine. Camp Sunshine is a retreat for families of children with life-threatening illnesses. In addition to trying to raise money, there was a goal to break the world record for most lit pumpkins in one place. Breaking the record would be used to give Camp Sunshine more exposure.

From Life is Good's Pumpkin Festival site:
    I just wanted to thank the great people of Boston for their hospitality & for turning out in huge numbers for this event. I worked an information booth and got to meet lots of people who wanted to carve or were bringing pumpkins to be carved or already carved ones. Everyone was very eager to be a part of it. It was very humbling to be a small part of the event.

Some pictures from Life is Good's site:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

How fun! I hope they didn't just throw away all the yummy seeds.

3. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't know what they did with the seeds. Maybe they gave them to a homeless shelter for squirrels. :)

4. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

I Wish I was part of that. I very happy it went to such a good cause.

Was it followed by a Pie Eating contest?

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Great cause, definitely. I've spent at least a little bit of time every year for the past 5 years helping to raise money for a similar camp, called Boggy Creek, in Florida. They're part of the Hole in the Wall camps (http://www.holeinthewallcamps.org/htwc/index/hq_camps), which are "the world's largest family of camps for children with serious illnesses and life threatening conditions." Anyways, there's nothing better than helping out with projects like this, and its always good to hear about other camps serving the same goal as Boggy.

6. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    GREAT pics! Thanks for sharing!

7. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Oct 25 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]338132[/snapback]</div>
    Well, there was an impromptu pie eating contest during the event. The table at our information booth was unceremoniously commandeered for the event. [​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eclectcmoi @ Oct 25 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]338252[/snapback]</div>
    I'm glad you liked them. I wish I could take credit for them, though. They were taken by the "photo team" at the event. I took some of my own, of course. But I don't have a digital camera, so I have to wait for my pictures to come back. I'll scan some and post them if they're any good.

8. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Attached Files: