1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Worst Date EVER thread!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Ok, here's some of mine:

I was HOODWINKED into thinking some chick was much younger than she actually was. I get to the restaurant, and I'm like, "Oh man...", at the time, she had to be like 38-41 and I was around 24... Anyway, I went through with it, and at the end, came that dubious moment where I had to drop her off (for whatever reason, I ended up driving her home...that's right, she lived in the city and had no car...). It was a very ODD moment when I stopped the car. She had this weird look about her, and I knew I could have tapped it if I wanted to, but simply smiled and said something like, "Hey, that was great, thanks for coming out!"

The second was with some really hot Russian chick who had to "think" about her status for a moment, as in: "I'm....uh....um...separated." :rolleyes: She said she read 'linux journal', and right there I knew she was nuts...

there are more, i'll try and think up some of the more "angrier' ones... :ph34r:

Oh, here's a good one:

Basically, it was some chick I liked at the time, the story is kind of lane except for one line:

We're lying there on the couch in the dark, and she says, "Hey, wanna see the stars up close?"

I'm like, "YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

So she gets off me (she was lying on top of me (fully clothed mind you)), goes into her room, and brings out a telescope... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

I demand you remove this thread immediately! Some of the old broads I used to date might get together and discover it.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i made the mistake of going on a date with a guy i had just broken up with. he said he wanted to take me out one last time and then he would leave me alone. and at that point i was going to do whatever it took for him to leave me alone, it was getting really obnoxious dealing with him.

instead of taking me "out" he took me back to his place. we were 17 at the time, so it was his parents' house. right then i knew this was a bad idea and i should have driven myself so i could escape if need be.

he had made dinner and had some quiet music in the background. so while dinner cooled we sat down and he wanted to discuss the circumstances of our break-up (which were, i wanted a real man not some pampered, rich wimp, but for his ego's sake i decided to tell him i 'just didn't feel the way i used to' about him)

well he got to sobbing when i told him for the 20th time we weren't going to get back together, ever, so bad that he fell on his knees crying and grabbed me around the waist, attracting the attention of his entire family. he wouldn't let me go and i can't imagine how red my face was.

his mother had to drive me home, and the whole way i got grilled about why i left him and whether i was interested in someone else and etc. i just sat there in shock and disgust until i got home.

now THAT was a disastrous date.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am an internet success story me and my present wife met online... :)

Anyway back in 01' I had been meeting chicks from the net and going on dates with some of them.. I met this grl 25 5'4" 129lbs w/large floatation devices and a butt shaped like the curve of a beer can....

She was SMOKIN hot, we met and had a great time went to a japnese restraunt were they cook the food on your table. the cook is busy making noises and cooking food when she asked if I had any skeletons in my closet?

I told her that I didnt and did she? she said she had 3 STDs, lol the cook stopped making noise and was quiet the rest of dinner I paid the check and never saw her again she called me 4 times to go ut but I always had somthing else to do.... LOL Ewwwwwww...

I have a few more but will save them for another time..

5. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 8 2006, 11:08 AM) [snapback]236746[/snapback]</div>
    OH MAN!!

What makes if FAR more pathetic is the fact his MOTHER was in on it! :eek:

Man, when I dated in HS, the LAST people I would EVER want involved are parents!!!! lolollololol

I'll bet you're glad you don't ever have to deal with that BS again! Although I suppose now you'd probably just laugh and leave...lol

GREAT story!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Apr 8 2006, 01:11 PM) [snapback]236809[/snapback]</div>
    Now, if that doesn't set off a flag... "So, uh, do you have any, um, skeletons in your closet?" :lol:

another awesome story!

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No horror stories here. Just a few blind dates with women who, for one reason or another, were totally unsuitable. Both of us courteous. Strained conversation. Thank you and goodbye.

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i think the worst i had was a blind date set up by members of my dart team about umm a looong time ago (was still drinking back then and i quit in 93) it was a girl, just recently divorced who, like me, had a job where rotating shift work and mandatory overtime made it hard cultivate a relationship with anyone you met (worked at a paper plant, a 24-7 operation and rotated all 3 shifts every two weeks).

well, the date was with a co-worker, one i didnt particularly get along with since i was friends with her ex. that was awkward...

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've had two pretty bad blind dates.

The first my best friend's mother set me up with. It was a widower from her church. Turns out he was focused on three things, church, his sons and killing small furry animals for sport. (No, he didn't dress and eat them.) Mostly he was looking for a little woman to be a mother to his boys while he went out hunting. I wasn't interested in giving up work to go to church and clean house the rest of my life. He was a nice guy and we had a very good conversation over dinner. But at the end we agreed that the other person didn't have the qualities we were looking for and there wouldn't be a second date.

The second was set up by my sister. It was her accountant. He had a dog and I was looking for some places I could go with my dog. He knew a dog friendly beach. Well, he calls me and we agree to meet at a restaurant on Saturday morning. He is a morning person and eats breakfast out and I'm not. So I agreed to meet him around 10 am after he had finished the morning paper. (He was told I did NOT eat breakfast so he knew.) So off we went to a beach a little north of the city. Very nice. My dog was tied tightly to the back hatch of his SUV while his little Min-Pin got to sit on the armrest between the front seats. I couldn't reach back to touch my Caesar but his little dog got plenty of affection. We got to the beach and took the dogs out on leashes. Caesar is very excited and I'm letting him have a little slack to explore all of the new smells. During the walk I was entertained with occasional comments on people and their dogs who lacked training.

So a little after noon he looks at his watch and suggests we leave and go to my house....to watch the Derby. Yes, the guy is inviting himself to my house so he can watch the horse races on television. Sort of a little date commercial break. I'm hungry and so I'm thinking maybe this is a subtle way of suggesting I make lunch. So I say, Okay. Caesar gets tied tightly to the very back of his SUV again and he takes me back to the restaurant to pick up my car. Then follows me to my house. I put Caesar in the back yard because he's afraid Caesar will play too rough with his little dog. I turn on the TV and hand him the remote and ask if he'd like some lunch. He says no thanks. I go in the kitchen. I wash a few dishes, make some noise. Then after some time I come out and suggest I make lunch again. He says no, we'll get something later in Balboa Park. After the derby is over, or at least the race he was interested in we pile into his car....but we leave MY dog at home. By this time I get that he doesn't like my dog. Off we go to Balboa Park. We walk around the park. We walk through the gardens. I'm thinking maybe we'll eat at the art museum's sculpture garden restaurant. No. We walk through the organ pavillion and Japanese gardens. Maybe the Casa del Prado restaurant. No. We walk to the reflection pond and through the Botanical Building. Maybe the hotdog stand by the Natural History Museum. No. We walk through the Spanish Village. We get back in the car. By this time it's going on 4 pm and I haven't had breakfast OR lunch. I haven't had anything to eat for almost 24 hours. Finally I tell him my blood sugar level is dropping and I need to go home and eat something. He says we'll stop somewhere on the way back.

Where do we stop?

Dunkin' donuts. He wants coffee and springs for a donut for me.

This guy was no prize. Conversation centered on him, his likes, his dislikes, his opinions. (Any other viewpoints were just wrong or stupid.) Not only was he cheap and insensitive and self-centered, but he wasn't that much to look at either. He had no neck. His waddle was so big it went from the tip of his chin to his chest. I'm not obsessed with looks, but I do expect a guy to have a sense of humor, be a little sensitive to others and have some manners.

Okay....top that.

10. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Godiva, yours definitely topped mine. THAT is bad

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Godiva thats pretty bad, wow..

I was 17 and had a 18 year old girl (she was new to our group of friends) ask me out on a date (she was the ex cheerleader type), we went to dinner (sushi) then went Ice skateing (I cant skate, 2 left feet) it was horrible I spent most of the night ether on my face or my butt.. She had a fun time though, we left from there and went and cruised the local I-Drive (its what the teens did, show off your cars and radios) this is 1987, little did I know she had gotten 3 guys #'s while skating and I was trying to get off of the floor....

So we are driving down the blvd and she stands up in my 69 fury conv and starts catterwalling and whistling at the other guys & thier cars..
    I am infuriated by now, but keeping quiet. she then flashes her boobs at these guys in a mustang.

That was it I popped! I pulled over & told her to get the f*** out of my car and that she was the reason nice guys
    turned gay & that if she didnt want to go out with me she shouldnt have asked me & that it was girls that acted like her that made other normal girls look bad.
    & the the only difference between her and a hooker was that the hooker would have shone me the good time, I made a really big scene infront of all these people.
    I then told her again to get out of my car and that she could use her boobs to get home. (She got out) The next day my friends thought I was cool for kicking her out of the car rite there and told me she hated me for leaving her that night and that she had not done anything wrong and didnt hang around us too long after that incident but who cares..

This would have to be My worst date ever

12. the fish

the fish Member

OMG, I am going to be so nice to my wife when she gets home. After reading these stories, I could never date again. To be fair, I was never good at dating.

13. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Apr 9 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]237198[/snapback]</div>
    WOW. Can you say "patience"???? Well, you're a good woman for giving both a WIIIIIIIDE margin of error, and SERIOUS benefit of the doubt! Then again, the dude was an ACCOUNTANT. I don't like stereotyping (well, ok, I DO :lol: ), but I don't think I've known any "fun" accountant types... I do not know, people who spend their lives, in essence, categorizing things properly are a little, well, OFF. They have to have a SERIOUS counter balance activity or it's going to be like drinking warm YO-HOO!

:)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Apr 9 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]237214[/snapback]</div>
    THAT'S GREAT!

I had a similar situation once, BUT, she brought her friend along for ME.... :ph34r: So it all worked out in the end... :D They were doing the same thing, I'm driving around in my old yellow VW rabbit, and they're both kneeling in the back seat flashing cars... lol Lots of tailgaters! I think you did the right thing though, the hooker line had me in tears!!!! :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the fish @ Apr 9 2006, 03:50 PM) [snapback]237218[/snapback]</div>
    I do not know, that might be because you cared a bit too much about the date itself. I think the best way to date, is just not give a damn, and try not to think of it as a "date", but rather something like, "let me have some fun and meet someone I totally don't know...", and set NO expectations... I do not know, then again, that's just me... :D

14. the fish

the fish Member

Glad no one here knows I'm an accountant ... oops.

15. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the fish @ Apr 9 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]237266[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

16. Schmika

Schmika New Member

My worst date resulted in my beautiful current wife. I was "fixed" up with a co-worker. She was attractive and had a 2 yr old. I had a 2,4, and 6 yr old. We went out once (to a Chuck E Cheese's I think)

I invited her to a concert and had bought the tickets (pretty expensive)

About 3-4 days before she called and said her kid wasn't feeling well and probably would not be well on the concert date (Wth???)

So, I asked a 'sort of" co-worker (different department and building) who I had know 10 yrs ago in college. She didn't "date" co-workers so i said "It's not a date, it is a friend helping out another since I had tickets, was going with 3 other couples, and didn't want to be a odd man out"

She bought it, went, and the rest...is history.