1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Worst Day Ever

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by NateD, Apr 13, 2009.

1. NateD

NateD New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello everyone, I'd just like to introduce myself.

I am a happy new owner of a 2005 Prius. Well WAS a happy owner. I'm a college student and had just purchased my first car (meaning that I payed for it with my own money). I made the mistake of purchasing one way insurance. The first day I had my car I went to the beach with some friends. I came back and to my dismay someone had hit my car, damaging the driver side fender, and the driver side door, and mirror had broken off. I've gotten quotes from numerous body shops but they are too high for my budget. My second option is to locate the parts and have them install it for me. I have a few questions out there and would really appreciate the help. I need to find a prius junkyard of some sort. Does anybody know of such a place? Also if you or someone you know wants to part out their prius. I need the driver side door and mirror, and the driver side front fender. I just need to get these parts, thank you!

-Nathan

2. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  3. donalmilligan089

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Where do you live ? A trip to "autobeyours" would be well worth it They are the best

4. NateD

NateD New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I live in the LA area, i'll take some photos of the car and try to upload them soon.

5. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you want to buy new parts, Conicelli Parts Center has lower prices than MSRP and you can use these coupon codes.

partznet5 - 5% off your order of $75.00 or more
    partznet10 -10% off your order of $150.00 or more
    partznet15 -15% off your order of $350.00 or more

I tried to add the parts that I think you will need. It came out as follow (without coupon).

Fender, Fender and components, Fender, Fender Left $182.20
    Front door, Door and components, Door shell, Door shell Left $397.86
    Front door, Door and components, Outer panel, Outer panel Left $176.40
    Front door, Outside mirrors, Mirror assy, Mirror assy Left $175.23
    Front door, Outside mirrors, Mirror glass, Mirror glass Left $47.72
    Total: $979.41
    Estimated Shipping: 80.80

With painting and installation labor fee, it will cost you more than a grand.

1 person likes this.