1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Worst Gas Milage and I'm so proud of my Prius.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by LVSandman, Mar 22, 2016.

1. LVSandman

LVSandman New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    So I just went on a field trip with my car and was followed by a fuel efficient non-hybrid Toyota. We went as high as 6000 feet in elevation and as low as 285 feet bellow sea level over the one day drive I used a full tank of gas and the other car used a bit more. When all was said and done I had a mileage of 43 mpg and the other was at a total of 21. I had 2 adults ,2 kids, a load of luggage and an assortment kids items. I also carryed all the water sodas, snacks and ice chests for both cars. The other car had 2 adults and 2 small over night bags. I know I had much more weight in my car and still held the better gas mileage.

What can I say? This being the first road trip I have taken in my car I'm quite proud of it. It was easy to drive and in many ways made my trip so much better then any other vehicle I have ever owned. I cant wait to go on another.

Anyways I just wanted to share what was a great trip and I will leave you with a photo from my trip.
    FullSizeRender.jpg

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is that from Dante's View?

If so, were the wildflowers still blooming?

3. LVSandman

LVSandman New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Yes to both!

fuzzy1 likes this.
  4. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Which one?

5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've seen several photo spreads of this special 'superbloom' spring. We just have to get down there to witness that, some year.

6. Steve Lee

Steve Lee Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I drove prius from Houston Texas to Los Angeles, taking me two days, longest drive was from Houston to El Paso. I averaged 43 MPG, two children, two children car seats, two adults(driver & passenger), snacks, and luggage. Since it was my first long trip drive, I would think twice in doing another Los Angeles round trip. I learned alot about my prius and enjoyed scenery while driving to Los Angeles and back.

trip1027 and Jon Senum like this.
  7. trip1027

trip1027 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I drive to Cheyenne wy to Portland OR every Sunday and back on Friday for the last 4 weekends ... yes prius is an amazing car. But I average 42 mpg and I usually do 6 over the speed limits... and I do carry alot of items. Trunk is full and back seat as well

8. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Mileage is great, loaded car rolling on "17 wheels!