1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Worst MPG ??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by edmarin, May 31, 2007.

1. edmarin

edmarin New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ok This is my first topic. Sorry if this topic has been cover already.

I just gas up and had my worst MPG ever, I got a whopping 36.1 mpg. The reason this week been carrying lot of extra weight for work this week hopefuly it will go back to normal next tank.

Ed

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(edmarin @ May 31 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]452904[/snapback]</div>
    Don't worry Ed . . . First it takes a little while to get used to driving the car, break it in etc. . .

Also it the trips are short say less than 5 miles/minutes the engine has to run so that the catalytic converter can get to operating temps. The stickys in this forum are a good place to start and will answer most of your questions. . . just click on one of the stickys and start reading.

Here's a link to my High Speed Low MPG run from Los Angeles to Fresno, CA, 220+ miles and the absolute worst I could get, which was my intention, was 32.7 mpg.

Wildkow

p.s. Welcome to Club Smug!

3. thebrattygurl

thebrattygurl New Member

Well, the very best I can get, even coasting, gliding, pulsing, etc. is an average of just over 42 mpg because all of the $^&*# hills around here! This is probably close the the worst some Prius drivers have been able to average that live in areas that are not all hills. ARGH...

Still better than the max of 18.4 I got with my Acura MDX though!

4. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    After one full year and 13,421 miles, I am averaging 48.0 mpg.

My best tank was 53.6.

My worst tank was 39.4.

5. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(edmarin @ May 31 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]452904[/snapback]</div>
    Don't worry, if you're getting 36 a different car would probably get half that on the same course. I get 56 weekdays on my normal work commute, that drops on the weekends to probably 52 or less just because the routes are different and distances are shorter. I'm sure all mpgs will drop this winter when it gets cold. I've been trying to keep a mindset that if my mileage sucks right now, a different car would really really suck! Other cars don't read out mpg so it's harder to tell.