1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

worth waiting for 2007 Touring?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by K2D2, Aug 10, 2006.

1. K2D2

K2D2 Junior Member

I'm just getting on wait lists here in San Diego. I have seen that 2007 will have a Touring model with 16" wheels and sports suspension. Does anyone have an opinion/guess if 2007 models will be here for Sept. 30 Tax Break day? . If I have to choose, I prefer a car that handles well rather than accelerates rapidly. Any opinions on if it’s worth the wait. My current car is a 2001 Highlander and I drive a 2006 Mazda 3 (excellent handling) often. Any other advice for finding and purchasing a Prius is appreciated.

2. Jack Straw

Jack Straw New Member

3. GreenSpeed

GreenSpeed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What is your aim about getting a Prius? Fuel economy? You've options to get a aftermarket Wheels and Rims.. And there isn't a hint that these will be what you like. I'd say stick with your order and then switch out the wheels and tires if you want.

What i've heard (from a person working at a Toyota Dealership) is that you can expect new colors for the 2007 but it won't be until 2008 when u see the new 'model'. But i could be wrong :D

4. K2D2

K2D2 Junior Member

In the end I couldn't wait. I got a call yesterday from Toyota of SD that a dark gray prius #3 was on the truck. I rushed down, felt like I won the lottery (despite the fact that the $ was going in the other direction) and have sent in my HOV application. The first time I had seen the color was when I arrived...it was still shrink wrapped and I had to make a quick decision. What a Day!!!

Last week I rented a Prius from Toyota of Escondido for 3 days ($39 a day), loved everything except the handling. I decided that if the right color/package came along I'd go for it. Re: the handling, this forum has been very helpful and I hope I can improve the handling to an acceptable level. I don't think it will ever match the Mazda3, but I do hope that it will feel stable and safe while I negotiate I-15's rain groves, construction lane changes, etc. I've ordered a BT stiffening plate and are shopping for tires.

Does anyone have any suggestions on reasonably priced window tint in San Diego. Thanks for all the info...this site was very helpful in making the decision to buy.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    With the 17" rims and better tires the car handles much better and onramps can be taken quite fast for for a car that was never made to do that sort of thing. I really htink that with the TRD shocks/springs and the 17" wheels it could take sustained curves every bit as fast as my '00 C5 did. In a slalom course no but still more than nimble enough for daily driving. :)

6. Airgetlam

Airgetlam Junior Member

I asked the guys at Toyota Escondido for their recommendation, and they gave me the name of a guy in Carlsbad who does their tinting for them. He has a truck, came out to my office in Mira Mesa, and did the whole job with outstanding results.

I'll see if I can find his info when I get home, and let you know. It's been a couple of years, and it is still a perfect job.

7. K2D2

K2D2 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Airgetlam @ Aug 17 2006, 02:31 PM) [snapback]304810[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, that would be great. Do you remember a ballpark quesstimate for what you paid?

8. Airgetlam

Airgetlam Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K2D2 @ Aug 17 2006, 11:53 PM) [snapback]305185[/snapback]</div>

It was around a couple of hundred, I think. Name of the company is Solar Care, phone is 760.726.1838