1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wot I did to TheChuggyPig today:

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by WilDavis, Jul 15, 2017.

1. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, as well as replacing the rubber cover on the hatch release (see another thread), I decided to do an ear transplant, if you look at poor ChuggyPig's right ear, you will see it has been patched up with GafferTape: Chuggy_fall4 | PriusChat He came off slightly the worse for wear after a slight disagreement with a Hummer H2 about two years ago in the dead of winter. Good old GafferTape to the rescue, but I found a source (via here, good old PriusChat!) and was able to buy a new cover for I think ~$30. GoodEar.jpg

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done!(y)
    i gotta get my rear bumper cover replaced, the duck tape is starting to quack.

3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks! The adhesive on the GafferTape had started to powder with age, and I was worried about wetness getting into the innards of the ear (heating, steerage etc.) and so even though I got the replacement cover a while ago, I thought today would be a good day to do the replacement, I was amazed as to how good the fit is, and once everything is lined up it just snapped right in! The only problem is that if I ever need to remove the cover in the future, I'm gonna have to look around for a Hummer to give it a friendly "nudge"! :rolleyes:;)

bisco and Raytheeagle like this.