1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would an Anger Management course be helpful?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by EdPalmer42, Jun 14, 2023.

1. EdPalmer42

EdPalmer42 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    [​IMG]

ebay.ca/itm/195819890162

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Trouble is, on the other side of that glass, there be software.

Software is probably the one thing that most reliably can bring me to around that same psychological state.

(Speaking of software, anybody use Chrome on an Android phone? Anybody figured out what makes it offer you the "view simplified version of this page?" option on one page and not on another? Or better yet, not on the same page you have returned to, that it offered you that option on, last time? Maybe belongs on the "just need to vent" thread.)

3. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My first thought after seeing the screen was, I wonder if that image could be reproduced well enough to make most of us have to actually touch the screen before we'd know it was a reproduction and not the actual screen.

About the chrome thingy @ChapmanF , I just came across this chrome extension today after mistyping a url as tecmatte.com and getting redirected to, wait for it, https://www.mamma.com/extensions/

still not being up to speed on exactly what all the SCO stuff is all about I thought I'd dig a bit. My first couple of tries were not very helpful, until I got into the glossary of acronyms. Here's one. I thoroughly enjoyed all the acronyms that begin with "N" but my main focus was to get what these "SCO" "SEO" acronyms are supposed to be all about. Have you (anyone else) seen them in ads lately?
    Than I noticed this page https://www.oom.com.sg/seo-vs-sco-what-are-the-differences/ which give a very different definition to the both of those acronyms.
    Welcome to the new world of AI, I hope all this new stuff rocks your world. HEY! please don't crack my screen, thanks ....:oops:

#3 vvillovv, Jun 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  4. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Holy moly...would've been much cheaper to just punch the windshield!!!

Display Unit
    Part Number: 86804-47530

Other Names: Cover Sub Assembly Navigation
    Description: With 11.6 inch display, without jbl audio.

MSRP $7,102.04
    $5,592.45

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Someone here, a few years back, acknowledged punching out his touchscreen lol. Started out asking about replacement cost, because it had a crack, eventually divulged how he'd punched it in frustration.

Came out that the suggested retail price for a replacment was close to six grand USD. Dealership prices maybe less.

Our first car, an '81 Civic, was six grand and change CDN, lol.

ColoradoBoo likes this.
  6. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    And if anyone is into gaming and have seen something similar to the chrome extension linked above in #5 , sometime in a game with a momma file extension, this page might be helpful, than again, maybe not
    https://fileinfo.co/extension/momma (it took a while to load, so give it an extra minute or two).

7. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Just tell everyone that you got the spider.

I'm certain you can buy a reasonable replacement from an auto recycler- somebody out there totaled one of those cars without breaking the screen by now.

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    From what I’ve read here about gen4 infotainment screens, I could picture the occasional hammer