1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would Appreciate Guidance on Upgrade Path for PiP

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dsss, Apr 7, 2012.

1. dsss

dsss New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

We recently purchased a PiP AT package and while I love the car, i'm very unhappy with the sound quality of the car. I had a 2005 Prius previously and did a major upgrade of the stereo in that car which was great (and I kind of regret not harvesting some of that gear before selling the car!).

This time i'd like to do a fairly (i.e. reasonably inexpensive) simple upgrade that will simply improve SQ, I don't need extra functionality, etc... I'm thinking front speakers and an amp might suffice. Also, the XM service sounds TERRIBLE. I know it's super compressed, but it sounds significantly worse than any other input source and worse than my 2005 XM service. I need everything to fit into existing openings, etc.. as I want it to look factory clean.

I have read through the forums here but didn't really find the answer and would really appreciate any suggestions as to what you might do?
    Thanks!

2. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is that the 6.1, 7.1 or something else system?

Mike

3. dsss

dsss New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It's the 2012 Advanced Tech package with the 7inch premium nav system, JBL, etc... I hope this helps.

4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just looked that up :p Looks like it is slightly different from the regular 7.1 system, maybe just software, but who knows. I am by no means up to date with car audio so some guru's will have to step up to the plate and help. I was just wondering what system you were listening to.

Mike :tea: