1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would be Nice if Toyota brought the 2010 'Touring' wheels into the 'lower' packages

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cycledrum, Apr 5, 2010.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Y' ok.

My 2008 Prius booklet shows the 'Touring' Prius (which had the larger 16" wheels and more taut handling) to be offered with lower packages 2,3 and 5 (cloth seats, no nav or with nav, etc...)

So, now we have the 2010 Prius V with the fancy 17' wheels (yum), more taut handling and responsive steering (yum), but ....

that only comes at the top register, with leather, LED headlamps, navigation, etc, etc...

I don't know if anyone could actually get a 2008 Touring in lower packages (seems like any Touring I saw was loaded with leather and all), but maybe they were available at one time.

Anyrate, wouldn't it be nice if Toyota changes things up for 2011 + to offer the hotter wheels and handling for those who are cool with cloth interior, halogens, and a basic rearview mirror.

If someone buys bigger wheels for a III, they won't get the revised steering ratio and who know what else that sweetens the handlng.

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And, if more Prius' were running around with the big wheels, more people might say ... ooh I want that car. Lots of folks like a sharper, sportier looking car.

How about a plain III with 16" or 17" wheels, revised steering at $25.5k MSRP.

Can pop in a dash mount nav / rearview camera to make up for lack of nav.

Shouldn't we ask for whatever it takes to get more into the new Prius? Lots of them at dealers last time I checked.