1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

would like feedback on Turtle Wax ICE liquid clay and synth polish

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cycledrum, Feb 8, 2009.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    First, I'd rather not get into the price range of Ultima products nor the seeming complexity of Zaino.

I looked at the Turtle Wax Liquid Clay kit and their synthetic polish. Looked enticing for a clean and protectant duo. I noticed products have petroleum distillates in them.

Anyone have feedback on these 2 Turtle Wax products?

------------

I'm interested in Meguiar's claying also, but already have Mist and Wipe detailer. Looks like I need to order clay bar somewhere. Haven't seen any in local parts stores.

Meguiar's clay kit and Tech Wax 2.0 seems like a good clean, protectant combo also.

I'm skeptical of using polishes and don't think needed at 5 months ownership anyway.

To summarize, I'm looking for a max of 2 step process after washing, preferably local parts stores and $15 price range per kit.

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Found my way to autopia.org which helps a lot.

3. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    skip it. i tried it.
    the two serious problems with liquid clay is
    1) it comes in a blister pack which is hard to open
    2) it has the tendancy like wax to get in the nicks and crannies and its hard to
    remove after it has dried. it leaves a white residue if it is allowed to dry

at only 5 mos old it shouldnt really need claying. does it feel with a plastic bag that it needs to be clayed?

i would reccomend on only using cheap spray on wax on a car with more or less new paint

i use black magic liquid wax. it is cheap ($9) , smells like cherries, ranks high in consumer magazines, and is not very abrasive.

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    And the bottle of Toyota Cleaner/Wax that comes in the glovebox with the car works really good too. But I second the liquid Black Magic Wax as mentioned.