1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

would we get better fuel economy if we had the Prius engine/drive?

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by priustexasbob, Nov 21, 2015.

1. priustexasbob

priustexasbob Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    just a thought question, given the weight of the C what if Toyota had put the regular Prius ICE/drive in the C, would we get better fuel mileage or would the fuel mileage be offset by the extra weight?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no idea, but why do you think the lift back power train is more efficient?

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No.
    I'm just going to say no.

And across the Prius Family....all the Prius use Hybrid Synergy Drive. There are differences between models due to design and size and weight, but I'm 100% sure differences are tailored by design to each model. The HSD system for the c is designed to work IN the "c", the hybrid synergy drive for the regular Prius..for the regular Prius.

I'm also relatively sure on balance the systems are very similar. But again weighted and designed to work with the vehicles in which they are placed.

4. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Depends. C has bad aerodynamics so hwy rating would be worse. The ICE efficiency doesn't seem to be much behind, but heat management is definitely much worse on C. So C looses in cold weather and on highway, both of which bigger engine will not fix.