1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

would window tinting do this?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by joe350gt, Feb 12, 2006.

1. joe350gt

joe350gt It's too windy here...

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Greetings all,

First off, I've had my '05 Pkg. 4 since Oct. 27th. and absolutely LOVE it!! Only problem is I drive it too much (13,597 miles so far). Here's my dilemma. I took it in Friday to a local glass shop to get the windows tinted. Now my driver window auto up/down feature doesn't work. I have to hold the button manually until it's all the way up or all the way down!! Anyone ever heard of this before?

I've searched lots of the tint threads today but I haven't read anything about this occurring. This site is really quite the wealth of info I must say. Thanks in advance for all your knowledge and viewpoints.

Pics of my two babies... talk about total opposites!!!

Joe

Attached Files:

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    welcome joe! i see you've been around here a while but this is your first post.

sounds like they disconnected the 12v battery for some reason. this means you need to reset your auto window. just roll it all the way down and all the way back up again. that should do the trick :D

3. DanCar

DanCar New Member

Perhaps in an indirect sort of way. They probably played with your up down button a few times and perhaps over pressed it. Just a guess. I've had several cards tinted and haven't had this issue come up.

Daniel

4. joe350gt

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When in doubt, read the manual??!!!!

I had already rolled it all the way down and up, no change. So I read the manual, page 42, roll the window down about half way, then roll it all the way up and hold the button up for a second. Bingo!!!

I'm sure they did something while it was at the tint shop. I rode in with the guy when he drove it into the shop so he would know how to operate the car. You would've thought we were in the Lunar Rover by the expression on his face!!! lol...

Thanx again all,

Joe

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ahhh- halfway down. sorry 'bout that :unsure:

glad ya got it figured out though :)

6. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I just had to throw this in. I don't know why, so don't ask. Our PD just bought two new tint meters and some of our officers are falling all over themselves writing violations. In Ohio, you MUST let 70% light thru in front and 50% through on the sides and rear. That isn't much. Most cars being written have between 9% and 20 %.

So, if you got yours tinted, stay out of Kettering OH.

7. snowflake

snowflake Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You're not saying with an out-of-state license plate you still get a fine? When you think I used to work in OH and loved it...

8. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Which one gets better mpg, and which one is faster 0-140mph?

:lol:

9. joe350gt

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The Vega gets close to 20 on the highway!! The Prius laps it a couple times over on the fuel guage. But if you wanna go fast loudly the Vega is the choice. Both are fun in drastically different ways!!!

Joe