1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would You Buy a Volt even if there's a Cruze-EV?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Sep 22, 2010.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    $41,000 for a Volt, that was supposed to cost in the high $20,000's ... shocking? Just when you thought you'd gasped your last gasp of shock with GM, I find this. GM apparenly didn't take ALL our tax payer money to build Volts. It seems GM has been holding out on us! No, it's not April 1st ... GM has a surprise for you. Not only will they sell Volts this year, GM is manufacturing an EV version of the Cruze. Yes, THIS October, GM will put into production, a fleet of EV's ... again! Shade of EV-1 yester year. If you're excited, then you'll get even MORE excited soon, as there is still more - if that were not enough. I saved the best for last :p

[​IMG]

You see GM is building the EV-Cruze only in south korea, by south korea, for south korea. Your tax dollars, hard at work ... somewhere else.
    :pound:

General Motors to test electric Cruze in S. Korea - Yahoo! Finance

OK, so the Volt is probably SIX figures more expensive than the EV-Cruze, but what the heck. If you thought you'd jump ship for a GM EV-Cruze, don't get out of line for the Volt, because in the U.S.A. GM says foh-geda-boudit. The Volt has an ICE. I guess there's too much money to be made selling ICE's and parts to rebuild them ... and SOMEbody has to pay those ICE building/workers.

(sigh)

2. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If there was a Cruze EV with similar price as the Leaf and similar features - I would buy it.

Whether or not I'd buy it over the Volt depends on price.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the only cruz i'm interested in is penelope.:rockon:

4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <insert something about roses by another name and turd polishing somehow related to it still being a GM no matter what you do... />