1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would you guys listen to a Prius podcast?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by yarzy, Sep 21, 2006.

1. yarzy

yarzy New Member

I was wondering if anyone here would listen to a prius podcast. I know there is one on iTunes, but he never updates and it might be nice to have a weekly/bimonthly podcast for everyone. Would you listen or do you think it is a stupid idea?

2. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yarzy @ Sep 21 2006, 09:04 AM) [snapback]322755[/snapback]</div>
    I think only the hardcore people will listen, so you'd have to have some exceptional material, and not newbie stuff. Once a week would be too much IMO because there just isn't that much to say, but perhaps bi-monthly you'll have enough material to make it interesting. I'd be willing to listen, but you need learn what market you're targeting (age group, martital status, income, etc).

3. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

Not at all. I consider myself a hardcore Prius buff. I wouldn't be doing the stuff I'm doing to my Prius if I wasn't. But a Prius blog....

"Hello everyone, I got 54.8 mpg today. Not as good as the 56.2 mpg I got yesterday.... blah blah blah." SOunds exciting.

4. prberg

prberg Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    sure... i'd tune in. Maybe once or twice a month. Talk about new features in the new models, new after-market accessories, recalls, and TSB's. I've found about so many different problems that people were having with their prii on here (steering shaft, broken MFD, etc). Some tips or things that people might not know about. How to do vehicle maintenance.

-Peter B

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I'd listen if you would simply digest the top 10-20 threads from PriusChat over the past week or 2. You know, issues and some of the top responses.

Would love to listen to that in the car, might help me cut down on having to monitor this site all of the time.

6. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

It would depend on the content. I think that focusing on Priuses only could be a bit too narrow. A podcast that focuses on hybrids, EVs, or alternative vehicles might open it up for more topics.

I don't know that I'd be interested in listening to many shows that recapped PC threads or went over after-market accessories.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy @ Sep 21 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]323058[/snapback]</div>
    That's actually exactly what I was thinking about for a podcast.

If you'd like some help doing it, please let me know.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As long as there's some way to keep it interesting.