1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would YOU "order" a 2nd one?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TheMaskedMan, Sep 22, 2004.

1. TheMaskedMan

TheMaskedMan New Member

[font=Comic Sans MS:cfedf18ffc] I've had my first Prius since mid January and now have just over 10,000 miles. It's a great car![/font:cfedf18ffc] Thus, my wife and I just put our name on the waiting list at the same dealership for a second one!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It'll be an '05, and your wait will not be nearly as long. Depending upon where you are and how many your dealer gets and what package you want and what packages everyone else wants and such will all be factors, but production should be up to about double what it was for the '04s by now, most dealers wait lists are much shorter. I wouldn't be suprised if you had yours by the end of the year or maybe the beginning of next, but that's just a guess.

3. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    The Prius I ordered in Michigan (about the same time that I ordered one delivered in July to me in California) may be here by Christmas.

That would make us a two-Pri family. My wife has to decide if she wants to give up her fantastic but slightly huge Honda Pilot EX-L for the more spartan but oh-so-cool Prius.

4. TheMaskedMan

TheMaskedMan New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"41089)</div>
    Thanks efusco and priusham. I hope you're enjoying your Prii as much as I am.
    FYI: This dealer is still selling at MSRP.
    Regards,
    The Masked Man
    8)

5. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I may also buy a second one for my wife... well, actually I intend to keep the new one. After getting 50-52 mpgs for eight months I find it difficult to go back to 20-30 mpg cars.

6. weezer4272

weezer4272 New Member

I'm can't wait, I get to pick up my first Prius on Saturday after a 6 month wait. My wife is actually interested in a hybrid Highlander when we replace our other car in a few years. We want the extra storage and seating but we love the better mileage (we'll probably love it more when we actually get the car). I know it's not the Prius, but it will make a better family car down the road when you need to move family and friends around.

7. outoftown

outoftown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think getting a second Prius would be a brilliant thing to do! :wink:

Bill
    '04 White BC
    '04 Black BC

8. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I know one person locally (who posts here as well) who has a his and her set of Priuses (classic and an '04) :)

I'll probably wait a few years until Toyota makes some upgrade/changes that are more than just cosmetic, then trade my current model in. I'm keeping it in pristine condition for a decent tradein/resale a few years down the road.

I was ever-so-happy to hear that the 05 is basically identical to the '04 - no reason to be envious of a new model :)

Dave

9. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, &amp; Drapanos, Crete, G
  10. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When my father saw my Prius, he told me no that bad :mrgreen: , He is thinking about it get one... :mrgreen: (for my sister) :roll: since 9yr old Bimmer is had it enough

11. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  12. weezer4272

weezer4272 New Member

Yeah, I have it bookmarked and ready to go. I'll check it out more tomorrow before I go. They have had it on the show room floor now for about 10 days and they said they had to lock the doors and hide the keys to keep people away. Seems like they have gotten some nice offers for the car but thankfully these are some good people who are selling it to me for MSRP. If you live in the Midwest, Mark Motors in Wisconsin Rapids has been great. When I first got in touch with them about 4 weeks ago they said they only have a wait list of 12 people and get 3 to 4 Prii a month and they don't charge over MSRP.