1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wouldn't this be a cool mod?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by kpauley, Oct 22, 2005.

1. kpauley

kpauley New Member

I was thinking about the GreenHybrid.com image in signature lines (like mine, just filled my first tank of gas so I have one now). What about a digital display in the lower rear window that would show your current average MPG reading from the computer through the glass. Then you could put different stickers around it to tie it to a message, like "I'm getting xx.x MPG, what are you getting?"

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    haha, or have a sign "Engine OFF" and see their faces when you drive off with that light still on :p

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You'd also need an automatic "Don't Shoot Me!" when one of those signs flashes on...

4. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've often thought of doing this... It's very easy... Just grab that data off the CANBus and output to an LCD/LED driver.

However the "please don't: Kill, maim, rob, hijack, run me off the road, and/or shoot me" out weighs the risk at making the sign.

It's like shoving a dogs noise in its own excrement when you find it sitting on the floor; it's humiliating and it doesn’t teach anyone anything.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My dad had a quote " I got mine how are you doing?" I think it is the anthem of the Bush White House. How about " I am getting XX.X MPG how are you doing?"

6. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That's funny. I, too, had thought of this as well. However, my motivation was more to promote high MPG rather than to piss anyone off - as others (and my wife) predicted would happen!