1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wow! 4 Prius sightings in North/Central NJ!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wishes, Jul 11, 2006.

1. wishes

wishes New Member

First one was a driftwood pearl (beige) on route 80 (Hackensack) with a license plate that said "45 MPG". I kept trying to get closer to see where it was bought from but it was going so fast!

The other was a (dark) red I think on Rt 3.

Then a blue on Turnpike going north (we were going south).

And then a grey (my mom said it looked lighter than the one she saw in Illinois), going on parkway south towards sayreville.

Usually I'm lucky if I see even ONE on my drivings, but four in one day is definitely a sight for sore eyes. Hopefully next time I see so many I'll br driving my own so I can wave without looking like a weirdo. :)

2. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wishes @ Jul 11 2006, 06:44 PM) [snapback]284654[/snapback]</div>
    I live in Hillsborough in Central New Jersey, south of Bridgewater, north of Princeton. One recent Saturday, I saw FIVE Prii within a mile of the center of town, not counting my own SuperWhite beauty. When I got my car in April, I counted myself lucky if I saw another Prius in a week.

3. markymags

markymags Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Here in CA (Orange County Area) I see Priuses on a regular basis. Actually, there are 3 other Priuses in my apartment complex (4 including mine and one of the other 3 are the exact same color as mine!) and there are 2 in the same parking lot as my work. Add to that the 3+ I see on a regular drive from home to work and vise versa (my daily work commute is approx. 12 miles). However, when I drive hom to Hacienda Heights (closer to Los Angeles) I rarely see another Prius. The first one I saw was a few weeks ago when I let my dad take my car for a spin and there was one parked in front of someone else's house along with a bunch of other cars (I'm assuming he lives somewhere else).

Regardless of how many I see on a daily basis it is still a great site to see another Prius (or another hybrid car - I see quite a few Accord, Camry, and Civic Hybrids on my co mmute as well) sharing the road with me!

4. Meadowlands

Meadowlands New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not counting the two in the parking lot, I saw three on the road driving to different places all within 500 feet of each other and there were no other cars on the road at the time---only Prius: Location Jefferson Road Parssipany

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wishes @ Jul 11 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]284654[/snapback]</div>

5. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was on the NJ Turnpike today heading north between about 12:30 and 2:30 with a stop at IKEA. went from 8A to 15W.
    could have been me depending on the time.....
    However- I don't recall seeing any !

6. jmpenn

jmpenn New Member

I have a Barcellona Red Prius and I take Rt 3 to and from work. Did you notice a sharkfin antenna on top? Mud guards, body side mouldings, rear bumper protector?

7. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The blue going north on the turnpike could have possibly been me. I had a business meeting in Dutchess County, NY yesterday and took the turnpike for about 20 miles while on my way there. I wasn't paying any attention to the southbound traffic.

8. robertm

robertm Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wishes @ Jul 11 2006, 06:44 PM) [snapback]284654[/snapback]</div>
    We have more than four just in my small town- Highland Park Population ~13,000.

I now see three everyday in my parking lot at Rutgers. I don't think they are the same vehicles as the one in town, although I guess I could write down the license plate numbers to check.

Rob

9. wishes

wishes New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whitestar @ Jul 12 2006, 11:14 AM) [snapback]284951[/snapback]</div>
    I think it was the other red - Salsa? - because it was a bit darker than the newer one. I didn't notice anything though, since it was far away.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robertm @ Jul 12 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]285162[/snapback]</div>
    I almost always see one in the Rutgers gym parking lot, but haven't been down there in a while. I'll have to keep my eyes open next time I go.

10. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, I certainly wasn't one of them, since mine is black. :)

During my daily commute beween exits 100 & 138 of the parkway I'll occasionally see a prius or two. This morning I had the good fortune of being passed by two other blacks in a 10 minute stretch (7:30-7:40).

I batted .500 trying to hail them. The first one never looked over. The second one looked my way, I gave the drive a smile & a thumbs-up and got the same in return. :D

If heading north between 7-8:30am & south between 4:30 & 6pm, look for me. I'm the black one with no plates yet and "Life is Good" stickers on the little back windows by the hatch.

Mike

11. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    None of your sightings were me.

I live/work in Central Jersey and I rarely see other Prii.

I did see one on Wednesday, 7/12 driving on West Route 571 in West Windsor. (Was that someone on here/) That was the first one I've seen in days!