1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WOW! Below MSRP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jezroj, Oct 20, 2006.

1. jezroj

jezroj New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Got your attention, well it got mine. Poway Toyota in San Diego California ran an ad in the Sports Section of the San Diego Union advertising 2007 Prius's for $500 off MSRP and said 7 to choose from. I guess the tax insentive being gone might have hurt Prius sales a little.

2. Pious

Pious New Member

Interesting, I wonder what they were offering before the tax credit was cut in half. However, Hanlee's Toyota in Davis (Northern California) was offering before the deadline and is still offering -$750 off MSRP with Costco membership. Even if you don't have Costco Membership you could still buy one and come out on top.

3. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not surprising. In addition to the Federal Tax Credit being cut in half on the MY07 (atleast it's available), the price of gas falling dramatically certainly hasn't helped sales, either.

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Supply and demand at work. In some areas the supply has evidently caught up with the demand.

5. mandargb

mandargb Junior Member

I did get mine for 750 below MSRP few months back(June)

6. jiw395

jiw395 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MBPR @ Oct 21 2006, 06:44 PM) [snapback]336216[/snapback]</div>
    The dealer in my town knocks off $1000.00 of of the msrp with no pressure to make any other purchases.
    If interested send me a e-mail or pm... I helped one other member so far.....