1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WOW!!! Drove it off the lot today after 71/2 months wait

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by John, Nov 13, 2004.

1. John

John New Member

Hey all,

It smells like new, it had only 3 miles on it, and everything worked and was perfect. Finally I can do my part in prolonging some of the earth's resources. Wife and I immediately drove it down to Morro Rock for a picture and emailed it to family and friends (gloat).

This is the last post I will need to make in this forum. Now I am on to the other forums.

John

2. Dilbert

Dilbert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congratulations! We waited over six months. It has performed flawlessly, is very cool, and was worth the wait.

3. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    CONGRATS, John... welcome to the owners side of priuschat... wish I was at Moro Rock instead of the cold of Colorado...

Bob Andersen

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What are the chances that we all can get a peek at that picture?

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    John...

can you explain this forums sudden un-usefulness now that you have your Prius?

i can understand you not wanting to share your experiences with other Prius owner hopefuls. but what i cant understand is your thinking that this forum is no longer useful now that you have your car.

new info is constantly being published here nearly every day. i guess you could rely on Toyota to send you all the notices you need. and you might get all the info you need by reading your owners manual...

but then again, since you arent coming back, i may be typing for nothing.

6. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We've witnessed the "drop off" effect ever since the beginning, back in the hybrid pioneer days.

People are in absolute agony waiting for delivery of their Prius. Then once they get it, their interest in online participation drops off dramatically. The technology fulfills expectations so well, they simply have nothing to ask about anymore. Mission accomplished.

It's a bitter-sweet reality. But that has been a pill I've been forced to swallow as a computer programmer. Users are overwhelming receptive when you are working to deliver their software product. Then when you do... if it pleases them, satisfying the criteria they insisted on... you don't hear a peep following that. They just live happily ever after.

That is true for Prius too. With such a remarkably well thought out design, silence is actually a compliment. Owners just engage stealth mode and drive away (with a silly grin of content).

Very few actually continue to participate long afterward. And of them, only the truly devoted could be considered active contributors. That's just the way it is.

7. CHART

CHART Member

Call me naive (hello naive) but I interpreted his post as meaning he is dropping off the "PriusChat.com Forum Index » Toyota Prius Community » Order Tracking" community as he will now have info for the other threads. Of course, as Dennis Miller says, "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    to each his own i guess. i guess i cant judge him for how he spends his time. he may simply not have the time anymore or maybe never did.

but as for me, i find my participation here is a continous learning experience. i find it difficult to believe that others dont feel the same way.

9. tag

tag Senior Member

I must be Naive, Jr., then since I came to exactly the same conclusion. :)

10. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My bad. I always step back and look at the big picture. And in this case, that was a rather big step.

Nonetheless, it's all too true. Participation takes quite a hit once delivery takes place.

So... imagine what it will be like a few years from now... when HSD equipped vehicles can be found on lots for immediate purchase at prices under MSRP. If you can, I've got news for you. You're dreaming! Competition is virtually non-existent and this administration is doing nothing to promote reduced consumption (despite the record high oil prices). In other words, the demand for HSD will be absolutely overwhelming for quite awhile still. To make matters worse, Prius continues to get acknowledged as an automotive wonder.

The next few years are going to be very significant in automotive history. Aren't you glad you are already a Prius enthusiast? Watching this history take place is going to be very exciting. Right place. Right time. Right technology.

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know. I find this forum useful for quick information to things I wouldn't have normally found out since who better to ask, than the owners themselves! This forum still has other.. umm... subforums? where Toyota hybrids, other hybrids and such can still be discussed. Besides, there's always something to talk about each time Toyota releases a new Prius or any other HSD vehicle anyway! :D