1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wow! First tank milage results!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by hidaven, Mar 5, 2008.

1. hidaven

hidaven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks to all the good posters here, I was able to quickly learn the P&G, stealth, hwy stealth etc.. I also filled my tires with 45psi all the way around. Lastly, I blocked the grille (all but the lower slat in the bottom)
    I was able to get 61.4 MPG on my first tank! Although i was driving like a bit of an old lady, i was very happy with these results! Im guessing that once i get the synthic oil in the engine and we get into warmer weather i can get to 65ish? I actually had 560miles on the trip and still 2 solid bars remaining on the guess gage. I went to the toyota place thinking my gage was stuck. he thought it was too after seeing the milage for the tank. He said to go to the station and let him know how much it took. i went and put 9 gallons in (and I even gave it an extra squeeze for one click just to make sure it didnt prematurely shut off) low and behold it was full! Now im possesed to beat my old record! lol
    last time the temps were closer to 35-40 for 3/4 of the tank and no grille blocking for 2/3 of a tank. Thanks to everyone who unselfishly posts to give new guys like me a helping hand : )
    -Dave

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Possessed, huh? Aha, we've assimilated another one!! :p

Congratulations! 70+ when the weather breaks is a done deal.

3. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah, you'll get over it. Novelty wares off, etc.

Then you can join our sub-45Mpg group :D (just search)
    - lead foot
    - fastest driver on the red lights
    - left lane on the highways
    - laugh as you do the upper speed limit on highways and still do over 500 miles on a tank half the regular size
    - simply *love* not being slow