1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WOW - Impressed with the mileage so far

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by saminjax, Mar 5, 2008.

1. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, I've put my first 100 miles on my new Prius (since I picked it up last night) and the gas gauge is still on F. WOO HOO! My trade-in would be a quarter down by now. I've been practicing my stealth driving. I really get such a thrill seeing the engine go off and just cruising along. It says "99.9" - yeah, baby...LOVE that. Even if it's not entirely accurate, or constant, what a delicious story to tell me! :eek:

Learning so much about saving energy, about how everything you do while driving affects your consumption of it in one way or another. I love that. What an education - teaching me to be a less wasteful driver. How many cars can do that? It isn't just about gas, it's also about making efficient use of energy. I'm so impressed by that.

speaking of energy, I'm going to need some tomorrow, so must sleep now.

Have a good night, fellow newbies!

-Sam

2. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm glad that you are loving the new Prius. I believe it affects most of us in a similar way, causes us to drive differently and with a shift-in-priorities. It has certainly affected me in that way. When I occasionally drive one of my other vehicles I am feeling constantly discontent over the excessive amount of fuel that I know is being consumed, but a few of my 'Prius-practices' are taking hold when I drive them as well.

3. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, those "Prius practices" are probably quite effective on normal cars. I see so many people racing up to stoplights and hitting their brakes. That uses more gas and causes more wear on their brakes. Also, in a line of traffic, you can let the car slow you down by simply taking your foot off the pedal, instead of running up on the car in front of you and constantly popping the breaks. I always coast in those situations as much as I can, no matter what I drive. I didn't realize, until now, that those things could save me in the MPG category. I was mostly doing it to make my brakes last.

I'm glad to be driving a car that provides a better reward for that. My Sonata only got 24 MPG!

4. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sleep good.
    Prius better.

:hippie: