1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wow - what a markup in JAX

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by bbackus, Feb 21, 2005.

1. bbackus

bbackus Junior Member

Got the call from my local dealer (KP in OP) that the Sliver #5 I've been wanting might be coming in next month. No problem with the options, but they want $4000.00 over MSRP for limited availability.

Told then goodby, its priced for greater fools than I. Glad I'm on the list at dealer outside the Southeast.

Bruce Backus

2. Ken S

Ken S Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Bruce,

I bought mine at Palm Beach Toyota and there was no markup over MSRP. They did put a bunch of options on that I wouldn't have normally ordered (17 inch wheels and Pirrelli tires), but they were at the same price they charge on other vehicles.

I'm not going to say these guys are great...or even good...but it is possible to get one at MSRP in FL.

3. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

There are Prii sitting on dealers lots awaiting a new owner, but likely outside of the zone of SE Toyota Distributors. I ordered mine, with the options I wanted, from a dealer 610 miles away.

Do NOT buy from a dealer in the SE Toyota Distributors zone. Drive the 600 miles back from Tennessee or whereever.

Input zip codes from Tennessee, Virginia, Ohio, into the official Toyota car locator feature on the Toyota website and find out who has inventory. Someone there has what you want at MSRP.

Toyota's purchased in the SE Toyota Distributor zone always cost more, the middleman is the SE Toyota Distributor franchise. Get a Knoxville zip

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    you think that is bad... we got a guy in tacoma who was trying to sell a USED Prius for 2500 over MSRP... it had 12,000 miles on it@!@

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Priapus has about 8,000 miles on him and you would have to pay well over MSRP to pry his fob out of my hands!

6. chillyfl

chillyfl New Member

Arlington Toyota has a couple of used 04's. They are both advertised for over MSRP. We took a test drive in one of them. Salesperson had no clue how to start the car, didn't know anything about it. The MFD was disconnected. Would not show energy flow, only showed audio off (even if radio was turned on), and we could not turn the A/C on. The car tracked poorly on 9A, especially as we went over the Bonaparte bridge. Even after all that, we decided we still wanted one.

We were able to get in touch with a dealer in Virginia that has a bunch on their lot (see "10 Prius in Virginia" thread). We were able to get a #6 package for $1800 below MSRP (before all the dealer admin and processing fees). Will pick up in a few weeks and drive back down to Jax. To this point I have been impressed with this dealership in Virginia. Final verdict when we take possession of the vehicle. Check other thread for details if you want to go that route.

Michael