1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wrap for a beat up hood

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MCCOHENS, Sep 10, 2022.

1. MCCOHENS

MCCOHENS Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I see so many cars with paint chips and peeling clear coat hoods, mine included. It would be fun if someone could do an interesting print on vinyl wrap for us. Maybe a futuristic warp drive or a monster V8 with twin turbos, or a big hamster wheel. Any takers?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That's a played out thing they're a wrap places on every corner. And almost every city doing police cars and ambulances and all that stuff they've probably already done what you want walking and look what they have most of these people claiming to be artists like tattoo artists now their car wrap artist so you can find everything from spider webs to God only knows what Make it look like a real marvel comic book thing or Scooby-Doo van whatever no problem

3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Custom graphic vinyl wraps aren't hard to get, and the price was never that high.

Google around, you're likely to find a dozen shops between Philadelphia and Allentown.

4. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prius hood is tiny and light. I bet it wouldn't cost much to have one professionally done if it was brought into a paint shop loose. (Assuming the rest of the paint is OK, otherwise, not much point of just doing the hood!) I see tons of Gen 2's around here (SoCal) and the hoods are generally in very good condition. Not a lot of gravel or dirt roads in SoCal, maybe those are common in PA?

5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been studying this subject and hope to learn how to do my own wraps... What I've learned thus far is that the surface you put the wrap on has to be prefect. Any chips or or flaking of clear coat will show up in the texture of the wrap, so that makes things more difficult.

However if you want to use plasti-dip / peelable paint either from a rattle can or with a sprayer by the gallon you can fill in small chips. You can also paint on the top of the plasti-dip, so it'd be way less expensive and less time consuming than learning how to stretch and form fit vinyl.