1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wrecked My Baby-How Wil itRun After Repairs.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by gradywhite86, Feb 19, 2008.

1. gradywhite86

gradywhite86 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I should have known better than take the crowded interstate! Someone in a new Highlander tried to squeeze himself in a small opening in front of me. He did, then hit the brakes. My only option was to apply my brakes hard & swerve to the right to avoid running into the back of him. Well the car broke loose, went across 3 lanes of traffic & back again. Smacked the quard rail. The right front took a real beating. First rough estimate was $5000 to fix. When it went to the repair shop, it jumped to $9100. It is a 2005 with 17,500 miles, salsa red, package 4, in immaculate condition, not a scratch on her. Most of the damage was underneath the car. I am really concerned baby will never be the same again. The collision company & my Prius guru said if repaired right,should be ok. Anyone have an opinion on what I will get back? Thanks for the feedback. This is my first post & hope I got it right.

2. drjman

drjman Junior Member

What exactly do you need to have repaired? I am looking into getting my first Prius and i am a little worried about repair costs and the like. I am seeing a huge amount of Salvage Title Prius's for sale and that worries me. Anyone have an answer to why so many salvage titles? Are they that easy to total out?:(

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's not that they are easy to total, it's that the Prius is a hot selling car. That makes it worth while for a shop to put one back together and sell it salvage. If there was a limited market, they would just part-out the junked car.

Tom