1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

wrecked prius back on the road...but...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 05azprius, Mar 8, 2011.

1. 05azprius

05azprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey,
    so i finished the prius and i've put 350 miles on it. 340 of those were on the 3 old tires and the spare.... no noises, etc... but i went and got new tires today and now at 65+ it makes a humming noise...?? strange. i felt the wheel bearings and they seem ok.

*edit all lights have been taken care of.

my only issues are: i need to get an alignment, and i'm not happy with the overall volume of the stereo.

oh and also the air resonator box in front of the FR wheel was damaged...i just threw it away, is this something i should worry about replacing? generally i would say no but figure i should ask since the prius seems like a picky $itch.

oh and why....oh why does the prius feel SLOWER now that i've turned the abs/brake/maint reqd/((!)) lights off? i can hear the engine more than i could before and i swear it's actually a fair amount slower. and the braking characteristics are 100% different...in a sucky way to me.

Attached Files:

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats!

The only question I can answer is the maintenance reset: Hold down the odo button when you start the car until the dash screen flashes.

3. 05azprius

05azprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks, i reset the maint reqd light, which in turn cleared the ((!)) light, and i cleared the abs light which also cleared the brake light. my dash (aside from the air bag light) is nice and dark now....and my abs is working properly...no more burning my brand new tires up and nearly crashing..yay!