1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

wtb: 04-05 prius, Under $14k

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by comptechgsr, Apr 25, 2008.

1. comptechgsr

comptechgsr New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    hey guys,
    was just wondering if anyone here was or knows someone selling their prius. So far, I've been checking out the finds on craigslist as well as edmunds.

I have about $13k to spend on it and would like to to get one with the least wear and mileage on it.

I also plan on having a pre-purchase inspection at the closest toyota dealership.

BTW, do any of you have a buyers guide or pre-purchase inspection checklist that I can also do? I did a search but was unable to find a specific list.

Thank you

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good luck,
    Maybe you'll find a high mileage '04 base package for that, but in California it's doubtful. They're just holding their value really well.

3. kmstampe

kmstampe Look out here comes Ozzie!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've been looking online at used ones (although I'm still thinking I'll get a new 09 this fall) and even ones with SALVAGED titles are still in the $17,000's! I think I saw one on eBay for $8500 and it was wrecked/not fixed!
    Not much help, I know, but good luck to you!

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe you should consider an '01-'03 Prius...bet you could get one in great condition in your budget.

5. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    you can't take out a loan for the remaining?

it's a pretty reliable car. my 04 has 92k miles on it so far. no problems... (12v battery running low.. that's all)