1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB WTB: Front JBL tweeters

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by talonts, Oct 1, 2008.

1. talonts

talonts VFAQman

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My driver's front JBL tweeter went out on me a couple of days ago. Looking online for the cost, I could only find a generic listing for the tweeter cover with tweeter ($22), it didn't list JBL and non-JBL. I KNOW they are different, as I had a non-JBL tweeter from my 04 upgrade, and it is 4ohm dish , whereas I'm the JBL is a 6ohm dome. I've currently got that non-JBL in the car so that my NAV doesn't sound so muted, but would like to replace it with a JBL tweeter.

If you've upgraded your JBL speakers and have the old ones laying around, shoot me an offer for both of the front tweeters (so I can have a spare in case the other one goes out). They need to be pretty cheap, though, as I'm extremely short of money right now (laid off), and the non-JBL will do for now, even though the output is higher due to the lower impedance (I don't want to run it long term, in case it hurts the JBL amp).

2. talonts

talonts VFAQman

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

3. tigerpilot

tigerpilot Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I have a pair of JBL Covers with the Tweeters attached. These are from an '08 and in perfect cond. $50 shipped.
    Regards, Don