1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB: Gen5 NAV DVD Version 9.1 or 10.1

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lparker, Apr 14, 2012.

1. lparker

lparker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After wasting of a bunch of Verbatim DVD+R DL's, I guess my 07 Prius will not read burned discs. Although I did get it to read the loading.kwi off my 11.1 disc but not the maps, so I don't have to press "I Agree" anymore! My original 6.1 Nav disc doesn't have many of the streets, and the ones it does have, few are named. I don't really need the nav, but I'd like to have it working a bit better, but don't want to spend the big bucks to buy a new 11.1 disc.

Anyone out there have their old disc after upgrading to 11.1 that they'd like to sell?

Thanks!

2. Hasan

Hasan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Just wanted to ask whether you need to have those specific verbatim discs or do you think it will update the firmware just by burning onto a normal DVD? Does the old nav DVD still work after the update?

The I agree screen is quite annoying so I would like to get rid of it.
    Don't really use the nav on mine much so perfectly ok with the old maps.

Thanks!

3. lparker

lparker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess it is quite picky, I used Verbatim 2.4x AZO DVD+R DL (product# 95014). The first one I had made a hybrid 5.1/11.1 disc with my LG blu-ray combo and it would just give me a disc error. The second one I burnt a full regular 8.1 disc, same disc error. Third disc I did a full 11.1 with a different LG burner, and it would read the loading.kwi file, but give me a Cannot Read Map Data error, so I ejected that one and put my original in. No more "I Agree", but map data is still 6.1. I did follow the instructions found around about using ImgBurn and changing the book type to DVD-ROM.

If anyone had any luck with actually getting a disc to read, please let me know what discs and burner you used!

1 person likes this.