1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB: Prius Under 150k Miles (Northern Midwest)

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by Lake_Blue, Nov 3, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Lake_Blue

Lake_Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What it says on the tin. My budget sucks; given that I can sell my current vehicle, I can put at most about $5k toward this car. (Financing isn't going to be an option. I'm young, I have no credit history, and I work part time.) I've heard that the 2010 has issues with burning oil, but beyond that, I don't know of any other years to avoid; I'd also like to stay within about 200 miles of Chicago. (Won't be haring off to Cali for a car, sorry!
    Given the chance... I'd really like to find a Prius V. But my main interest right now is getting out of my older vehicle and into a reliable Toyota, ideally a hybrid.
    Mods, please let me know if I need to adjust my post to follow guidelines. (I'll also happily accept advice, if anyone's offering!) Thanks for your time!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Changed to "WTB" or Want to Buy.

3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    A $5k Prius is not likely to be (or stay) reliable.

On that sort of budget you want a simple car, skip all hybrids. Corolla, Yaris, certain Scions would all be better candidates.

If you're interested in a v, maybe look at Toyota Matrix or its twin, the Pontiac Vibe. Very similar to the v for what they can do, but they stay cheap and reliable into old age.