1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wth's up with mister blurrycam

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cproaudio, Dec 13, 2011.

1. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I follow Engadget regularly. If any new tech toys show up on other tech sites, it'll eventually end up on Engadget. With camera technology advancing by the month, I have to ask, Wth's up with these dumbass tech reporters taking f'ed up blurry pictures. A reputable tech reporter would arm themselves with a 1DX or D3X. Even a Rebel T3i with kit lens would work. Even if they're not packing DSLRs, at least get a decent camera phone and learn how to freaking use it. A blurry picture is about as useful as a 5 year old's drawing. If you're gonna put that prototype phone 12" in front of your camera phone, turn on the freaking macro mode.

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I fear that 90% of web content is junk created by writers of inferior quality; why should the graphic assets be any different?

4 people like this.
  3. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Assume you were a completely narcissistic self-obsessed individual with middling intelligence (lots of Americans these days!). You can't get a real journalism job but you're OK at getting attention. So you end up working as a blogger.

Do you expect quality?

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They're tech writers, not photographers. A D1x or some super DSLR isn't going to make the photos any better...indeed it increases the chances that they'll screw them up. It's more expensive to send a photog and a writer and it's going to be fairly uncommon to have someone that is excellent at both.

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If it ain't in focus, it ain't worth (fill in expletive of your choice)!

6. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

lol

That's harsh! :D

7. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Like I said, even if they're not carrying any type of pro cameras at least carry something that can take decent pictures. How are you go on an assignment to a tech convention or a tech announcement as a reporter without a good camera. Even a semi pro point and shoot camera will work. I've been to CES for the last 15 years. Every reporter I see there are packing DSLRs and or 3CCD semi pro camcorders or a highend consumer full HD camcorders. I have yet to see a reporter taking pictures with their camera phone.

I realize that a lot of pictures and video clips shown on the news or news outlets are not taken by professionals. This brings up my next point. The best camera is the one that you have with you. Since most people carry cellphones, it's the best camera they got. Many cellphone manufacturers are claiming that their camera is the best on the market and can rival many P&S on the market. Why are the result so terrible? If the result is terrible, why can't they take another one?

8. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Because they care about being "popular," not good at the job.