1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

www.surveymonkey.com/s/toyotaprius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ab1501, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ab1501

ab1501 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Prius owners! I am a student at Texas State University currently doing research on the Toyota Prius for an advertising campaign project. I would really appreciate if you could take my survey to help me find out more about Prius owners! It will take 1-2 minutes to complete. The link is in the title. Thank you so much!

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Your numbers were frequently not even close.

I drove about 550 miles a week last year, you topped out at 150
    I am over 50, you think 40 is a limit (Of the Prius owners I have met, I am the youngest)
    My household income is 3 times your top number

None of my primary reasons for buying and owning a Prius made your lists

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...502-2010-prius-school-project.html#post979468

1, 2, 3, 6, and 7 are not easy to fit in your survey

3. ab1501

ab1501 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What was your primary reason for purchasing a Prius?

And why do the numbers you listed not fit in the survey?

I apologize for not being completely accurate. I am in the process of learning about advertising research methods.

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hmmm clicking my link seems too hard for you, I will repeat some of it.

1) My wife wanted a hybrid. When mama's unhappy, ain't nobody happy. I was waiting on the Saturn Vue 2 mode Hybrid, which will never be sold, from a company no longer in business, as I doubted a Prius could hold my networking gear.

2) It holds all my stuff. I was very skeptical that it would, but the dealer offered to let me take a 60 mile test drive over night so I could load all my gear in it and test the mileage. Wise choice on his part. Many Hybrids are sedans, I can't get a 17 foot ladder in a sedan, but I can in a Prius

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs217.snc3/22437_1348787682118_1304125006_985751_4391291_n.jpg

3) I fit through the doors. I am very tall and inflexible in the torso. If you cut off my head, I would still bump my shoulder on a Toyota Matrix getting through the door.

4) It pollutes less than any other car that meets 2) and 3). While owners may buy a Prius for mileage, I suspect the Toyota engineers designed the Prius for reduced emissions. (One of the solutions to less emissions just happened to be: use less gas in the first place)

5) I like good gas mileage, some day we will be out of petroleum, and wonder how we could have thought it was a good idea to burn it up.

6) It is quiet. I like not being the 'loud exhaust' in my neighborhood. The less my neighbors think about me, the better!

7) My wife complained about my owning a manual transmission, I set out to get a CVT so my car would be 'more automatic' than hers.

8) Both my wife and I's most reliable car ever was a 1989 Toyota Corolla, buying another Toyota appealed to us. (My Alltrac wagon is still on the road, 20 years and 230,000 miles later. Her sedan fell victim to nephews)

9) I bought a Subaru Forester when I lived at 5000 feet and worked at 6500 feet in Nevada. It snowed ten months a year and all wheel drive was a great idea. Now that I live in Mississippi, it is hard to explain why I needed an all wheel drive SUV on dead level highway. 42 MPG is better than 24 MPG when you have a 110 mile daily commute. My daughter loves the Forester at the 49th parallel, in the snow.

My reasons 1, 2, 3, 6, and 7 are not easy to fit in your survey. I stuffed 2 and 3 into one 'other' response but they are really separate.

(By the way, no Prius made after 2003 is a sedan. "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya )

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.