1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

X-Pel or Other Headlight Protection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by StanD, Feb 3, 2006.

1. StanD

StanD New Member

Hi there,

Having had my new 2006 Barcelona Red Prius for about two weeks now, I can say that having this site as a resource beforehand sure helped! Thanks to all of you for the great information.

In another topic recently discussing cracked fog-lights someone had mentioned that they used X-Pel Headlight Protectors and provided the following link:

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=332

The product looks great! As well, I'd rather put protectors on the car while it is new and just avoid the whole cracked headlight/fog-light nonsense. My only problem, they don't ship to Canada!

So I did some searching and found the manufacturers website. They DO ship to Canada but charge almost as much as the product itself! WHAT!?

So I figured I'd ask the community here if anyone has any idea where this item can be ordered in Canada or a place that ships TO Canada that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

As well, if people have recommendations of other products similar to X-Pel I'd gladly welcome that too :)

Thanks,

- Stan

2. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have no clue about Canada, but I checked out the X-pel website. Do these things work? Both of my Subarus have had foglight damage from the LA gravel trucks. I got plexi covers on one, and they have saved me more than once, but now they are cracked. Prius is in the shop now with broken fog light, cracked bumper, grill, etc. from tire tread on freeway. Can I wrap the whole car in some kind of clear armor?