1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

x-Trans-Am doesn't miss the power!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by yoda, Apr 9, 2005.

1. yoda

yoda Member

Hi Everyone,

I've had my Prius for 4 days now. Traded my high-power Trans-Am in for it. Yes, you read correctly - I traded a high-power sports car for a hybrid.

I'd been reading about the prius for sometime and just LOVED all the high-tech attributes (especially the NAV system in my pkg-6) - but I'd been worried that I'd miss the power after becomming so accustomed to the high-power Trans-Am.

I must say - Aside from once or twice when I went to pass cars on the freeway, I haven't even NOTICED the power difference. And even then, the Prius performed rather acceptably.

Also - I have to agree with a previous poster.... This car WILL teach you to drive more fuel-efficiently. I can't help but occassionally glance at the screen (I keep it in consumption mode) and try to get better "average mileage" ratings!

Anyway - I'm an X-Sportscarman who doesn't miss his sports car one bit. I love my new white Prius. WHAT A CAR!!!!

Yoda

2. Erick

Erick Member

Hey x-Trans-Amer! I am still a Trans-Am owner. We are actually making my 02 TA a full fledged race car (check out the link in my sig). I call it the anti-Prius, just like I call my Prius my Anti-LS1. I guess it's all about the ying and yang right? The Prius is surprisingly peppy and it's pretty much all you need for everyday commuting. I find all the cool gadgets make up for it's lack of power.