1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM Antenna installation pictures

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Raider, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Raider

Raider New Member

Here is my Sony DRN-XM01 antenna installed on roof above driver door. Wiring was placed in one of the two channels in the plastic moulding. Moulding has metal clasps on leading and trailing edges, on the body. Between the ends, the mounding is held in place by the tapered sides of the channel.
    [attachmentid=11620]

Here is the hatch opening showing the two-lead antenna routing under the hatch panel. The wiring is then run through the left most rubber boot, with the rear washer hose, behind the headliner, then down the side of the car.
    [attachmentid=11621]

Here is a close up of the wire leaving the plastic moulding channel and the drip loop. Using a drip loop should prevent fluids from following the path of the wiring, and into the car. If necessary, I left enough wiring to extend drip loop further down past the top edge of the weather stripping.
    [attachmentid=11622]

Wiring runs along driver side and up behind the dash to the receiver.

Attached Files:

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What receiver are you using? The Antenna design is REALLY old.

3. Raider

Raider New Member

Sony DRN-XM01C Satellite Radio Receiver

Yes, it is a old radio/antenna. I have about FIVE NIB receivers and EIGHT home/car kits so I will be using these for a while. I got these really cheap a few years ago when they were discontinued.

Here is a picture of the first generation with a real sharkfin antenna. I have the second generation that comes with a smaller antenna, 20 presets and slimmer remote control.

I have the receiver in the pocket below the radio controls.

[attachmentid=11663]

Attached Files: