1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM for Prius integrated with MFD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jon, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Jon

Jon New Member

At http://www.priusxm.com we've started to sell a kit that lets you install an XM tuner in your 2004 and have it work with the voice command and MFD natively. There's a DVD that shows you how to install it without destroying your vehicle. Everything you need to install the tuner is included.

Have a look:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.priusxm.com/dash.jpg

I appologize if this post is not appropriate, but I am so happy with my install and didn't see anything saying it was inappropriate.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is a commercial advertisement, but an appropriate subject for this forum. $500 for the kit seems a bit steep, but dang I'd certainly be considering it if I didn't already have an installed unit. Wish there was a bit more detail about the equipment included--the harness and integration stuff specifically.

Question for the poster, is it possible you'll be selling a modified kit that would allow one to integrate an existing XM system directly into the Prius with the voice and on screen display and such?
    --evan

3. Alex

Alex New Member

With no feedback from PriusXM, I'll venture some speculation... I believe this is a repackaged XM radio kit from Lexus/Toyota. The Lexus/Toyota kit costs about $460 (dealer cost is something like $420). I've taken a look at the 2004 Lexus LS430 and the display is functionally identical to the 2004 Prius. All the menus look the same down to the bluetooth interface.

Anyway, $499 for a kit that has instructions for a 2004 Prius is not that bad - assuming Toyota does not come out with one for $460.

Alex Karahalios

4. Nascar_joe

Nascar_joe New Member

What about '03 Prius!

Knowing that a big change was made from '03 to '04, would this unit work in an '03? I am tryin to get XM in the car now that Nascar has a 24 hour station.... All Nascar All the Time... 8)