1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM Installer In Southern California?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by abjrjrm, Jan 24, 2006.

1. abjrjrm

abjrjrm New Member

I am looking to purchase and have the Toyota XM radio (for Solara) installed in my 2005, no nav, no jbl Prius. Does anyone know of an installer in Southern Cal. that has done this? Or an XM install of any type that integrates with the steering wheel controls? I'm just not prepared to take apart the dash board myself. Don't want to wait until the April unit release.
    I just installed the Garmin 7200 GPS with XM NavTraffic (it's great!), and along with it came the XM radio. I'm hooked already, but the interface and FM modualtor on the Garmin XM radio is not the best. I want an itegrated system, and I'll pay the extra $6.99 a month for an additional receiver.
    Thanks.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I suggest Circuit City. The one in West Covia must be used to installing items in the Prius as they installed a Bazooka Subwoofer according to this article.

3. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had it done at Al & Ed's on Hawthorne Blvd. in Redondo Beach/Lawndale. They were also working on another Prius at the time. If you go there, make sure you ask for the installer who has worked on the Priuses.

4. abjrjrm

abjrjrm New Member

Can I ask you what unit you had installed, and the cost? Thanks.